• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Good article on Louis Williams

KB21

terrible, terrible comparsions. this kid is nothing like dixon. dixon plays with heart and even though he is slim as a rail he plays with great toughness. louis got bullied around by everyone. to play in the nba you need a jump shot, he shoots a set shot. also it is very hard for me to understand how some of you just assume he can turn into a pg. do you not realize how hard it is to go from a 40 pt scorer a game to a point guard? its damn hard. not to mention louis has no pg abilities. he has terrible court vision. cap this off with a terrible attitude and work ethic and you have a another bust. the kid is choosing 2nd round outta hs instead of getting his grades str8 at juco or a place like oak hill so he can try to get into the first round and if that doesnt work get a degree. that alone shows what a idiot he is.

lol you should think about who reads this board before you post an absolutely ludacris statement like this. You obviously know NOTHING about LW if you say "he has absolutely no pg abilities, no work ethic and a bad attitude." For you to say that, you obviously haven't seen him play or you saw him once and he had his worst game ever. Louis is an excellent passer, and if you saw enough of his games, played with him, or knew anything about him you would know that. Then you call him an idiot? For what.. trying to become a millionaire? I agree that he should go to college but he still hasn't signed with an agent, so you calling him an idiot just makes you one. Trust me I would know, I've played with him and against him many many times. He just didn't look for the pass first on South because it's high school and what bigtime high school player does. BTW if you knew ANYTHING about him you would know that he played PG most of the time his sophomore year, and he also played it alot his junior year.

And where the hell did you get that he has a bad work ethic and attitude? EVERYTIME I ever went to Lenora he was ALWAYS up there, man all that kid does is play ball.

I really can't believe you said he doesn't have a jumpshot, and all he is is a set shooter. WHAT?? Are you freaking kidding me?.. you couldn't be more wrong. This kid has had games where he's hit like 8 threes, and a few are from NBA range, and MOST are off the dribble AND in people's face. I don't know where you got that from, but from hearing that I know for a fact that you don't know anything about him, because if you did you wouldn't have said it. BTW who does he get bullied around by?? That made no sense either.

shut up dumbass you are probably one of those comet crazies. if you could read, i said he does have a good shot but he doesnt elevate which makes it a set shoot. that doesnt work in the nba. secondly i have played vs him in aau and high school and locked him up as we beat them in high school his jr yr and aau his soph and jr years so dont question my knowledge. your the idiot for saying he has pg abilites. it is more than being able to pass the ball dumbass. he cannot see the court like a pg should and he doesnt know how to run an offense. if you were at or saw the mcdonalds gm and heard about the practices you would know that. all you need to know about his atttitude is he and his coach are famous for the quote practice is ove that they put in the ajc after the oak hill gm.

get outta here w/ ur weak tt

damn dude you've got some issues or somethin. I don't know why that had to turn into a flame post but either way you must have some serious problems with Louis or in life to spit out some anger like that, I mean damn this is just a basketball forum. Either way some of the things you say about Louis may be somewhat true, but he is a much better player than you are giving him credit for. BTW I am NOT a comet crazy and I didn't go to South. And if YOU could read you would see that I still said that he should go to UGA, I don't think he's ready for the NBA either..

I agree. I would love to get at 31. This is a deep draft at the guard position that is why he will probably be drafted in the 2nd round, but he is a 1st round talent.

His situation is similar to Josh Smith last year in that he was ranked very high early on and dropped as the year went on. Louis was ranked in the top 10 players of this draft at one point. Look how Josh Smith turned out. The same would happen with Louis. He will one day be an impact player and he is very good friends with Smoove.

Marvin Williams and Lous Williams would be a very nice draft in mind.

2 Joshes (last year)

2 Williams (this year)

Quote:

shut up dumbass you are probably one of those comet crazies. if you could read, i said he does have a good shot but he doesnt elevate which makes it a set shoot. that doesnt work in the nba. secondly i have played vs him in aau and high school and locked him up as we beat them in high school his jr yr and aau his soph and jr years so dont question my knowledge. your the idiot for saying he has pg abilites. it is more than being able to pass the ball dumbass. he cannot see the court like a pg should and he doesnt know how to run an offense. if you were at or saw the mcdonalds gm and heard about the practices you would know that. all you need to know about his atttitude is he and his coach are famous for the quote practice is ove that they put in the ajc after the oak hill gm.

get outta here w/ ur weak tt

He's right. Ive also played against him at Lenora in Gwinnett. But this is basically the same thing we hear in alot of NBA circles about PGs. I think court vision comes from being confortable with the ball in your hands and being confident to make the plays and passes neccessary to win. But to be honest we dont need him to be our PG, I remember someone saying that we should be looking to gather talent on this team now. What better way to gather talent than by using a second round pick on a player full of it.

True, it is hard to make the transition from PG to SG. But if he works hard enough at it (and I believe he will and is) then I dont see why picking him in the second is a problem.

He can grow an inch or two or put on 15-20 lbs in the NBA. You cant teach the talent to put the ball in the basket. He still hasn't hired an agent so he still has the option of going to college (which i also think he could benefit from)

But I seriously think you need to chill out with the Louis bashing. It's really not needed and I feel that there is no place for that here. He's a good kid, who is taking the risk of skipping college to immediately improve his life now. He has a ton of potential and he has good work ethic.

He's trying to learn how to do something new, give him some time. Using a second rounder would give him the chance to sit on the bench a year or two and improve his overall game.

BTW,I dont know what you are talking about when you say he shoots a "set" shot. When I've seen him play it looks like he gets plenty off the ground on his jump shot?

~Peace