• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Martynas gets good reviews from gm's and coaches!!

hotboyj

According to hoopshype.com Martynas has impressed many gm's and coaches in the one-hour workout.

http://hoopshype.com/articles/andriuskevicius_woelfel.htm

One of the first things Marty says is that he plans to stay in the draft which is good news, since him going back to Europe would only lower his stock.

Some good quotes are

John Gabriel, scout for the Portland Trail Blazers: “I can see him playing forward more than center. He has soft hands, he can shoot the ball and he has quick feet. With his size and agility, he has a chance to be a special player. You can clearly see why he’s highly thought of in this draft.’’

Larry Harris, general manager of the Milwaukee Bucks: “He’s a very skilled player. I think people are still trying to define what position he’ll play. His game is more of a 3-4, than of a center. He’s more of a face-up, perimeter player. His body has to mature; he’s thin. But he has a high skill level, and I think his skill level, along with his size, intrigues people.’’

Andriuskevicius went through a battery of drills during his nearly one-hour audition. The only person in attendance who wasn’t at least slightly impressed by his performance was Andriuskevicius.

Now please don't yall go jumping on the Martynas bandwagon now that it is rolling. I have been telling yall since forever he should be a special player and finally there are people in high places who agree.

would be a "special player". This isnt Dirk we are talking about here. This is a paper thin player who is way too tall for the position that he will be playing in the NBA if he ever makes it. He cant shoot lights out from anywhere, appears clumsy in the footage I have seen, and doesnt appear to be much of a defender either.

Remember this about Lampe before the draft? How wrong were they when he was picked in the top 10 as he is averaging a whopping 3 ppg.

Quote:

NBA Comparison: Dirk Nowitki

Strengths: At just 17 years old, Maciej is the youngest player to ever play with the Real Madrid First Team. Some consider Lampe the best young prospect in European Basketball. Lampe has the potential to become an NBA player in just a few years. He is strong and has unusual fundaments for a 17 years old player. He is best playing the power-forward position but he has the versitility to play the SF position with his great shooting and ball handling. His lateral quickness and movements are very fast and agile.

Weaknesses: The only weakness that Lampe could have nowadays is that he is very young. He needs a bit more mental strength. Because of this his defensive and rebounding skills are not complete. With more aggressivness he can become very strong on defense and rebounding.

Player future: He has trained and played this year with the first Real Madrid Team in ACB League and Euroleague, but he played all the season with EBA Real Madrid Team. Could be a first Real Madrid Team player this year and in a few years he could be Drafted.

Coach and Players Opinion:

Juan Ignacio García Alesanco (coach of Lampe in the junior team of Real Madrid 2001-2002) on Maciej Lampe: “Maciej is one of the best ones of our young players (Edu Hernández-Sonseca is the other one). He is a first year junior (a 17 years old) but is already a very strong player. Besides, he is skilful at shooting, even trying for three. Lampe plays for the national team of Poland. I emphasized their physical power and also he can handle the ball despite being a big guy. He is very versatile player, he can play as a 3,4 or 5”.

Alexander Djordjevic, teammate of Lampe and one of the best European playmakers of All-time thinks Maciej Lampeis with Edu Hernández Sonseca and Raúl López are the future of the Real Madrid.

*Maciej Lampe will play the remaining season with Complutense in the LEB league (a kind of second division in Spain, the same one where Splitter plays) in order to get playing time.

hahaha, this is the first positive thing in months for him. Everything else has been nothing but trashing him and saying how he is years away from possibly being NBA ready.

Either way, I'm not worried about BK screwing up and drafting him so it doesn't matter.

Here's draftexpress's analysis (formerly draftcity):

Martynas Andriuskevicius, Zalgiris (Lithuania), 7-2, Center, 1986 DOB Great size and athleticism, but too skinny and timid to fully use it even against the weakest of competition. A very disappointing season left him averaging 2 points and 1 rebound in the Euroleague, and about double that in the very weak Lithuanian league. Those are hardly the credentials of a lottery pick, especially with the lessons NBA teams have learned from the past few years. Martynas has top 5 potential, but this draft is simply too early for him as he is still years away from fulfilling it. Sitting on an NBA bench for 2-3 years would be disastrous for him.

some quotes you left out:

"He’s tall, skinny, and he doesn’t move real well"

"He has a lack of strength, and I don’t know if he’ll ever get that much stronger"

and this quote says it all:

"It’s hard to tell much about a guy in a workout like this, where you just shoot jump shots and free throw and do the fundamentals. But the guy is very long and he has good hands."

last week he did PICK AND ROLLS and was constantly tripping over himself and falling on the floor "with a thud"

this week he worked out BY HIMSELF (right? i assume so from the article) and so he didn't fall over

sorry, but there are 10 people on the court in a game...if he's tripping in pick and rolls, what will he do in a game?