• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Braves are on fire

chillzatl

• Admin

I know it gets said in the major media enough. But since there is nothing going on in the basketball world I gotta give them props. THey are playing lights out ball! Sweep the cards, 2 of 3 from the D'Backs, 2 of 3 from the Astros. The D'backs series being the biggie, they outdid Schilling! They went into that series with a mindset of how to beat him and it worked perfectly. You can't stop his strikeouts. But if you make him throw 8-9 pitches to get a strikeouts he isn't going to go 9 innings on you. Then you either have him worn down enough that he's hittable or you get to their bullpen which makes them an average or below team.

I hate to make comparisons to a team that I hate. But they are playing like the Yankees of the late 90's did. Great pitching, a great bullpen and always having a guys step up to help the team when one of the stars isn't quite on. Just like those Yankees you just can't count them out. Down by 2 runs going into the 9th and you still feel good about their chances. Gotta love their chances this year.

The BRaves are known for their reg seasons...but will

they continue it into the playoffs?IF there is even a

playoffs!The Braves better win it this year because like

the Yankees one season to were they won 119 games

this probably will not happen again.No name guys producing

like this.

Wouldn't it be nice for the Hawks/Falcons to get into the

playoffs and for the Braves to win the title?

• Admin

I'm always sceptical about the braves and the postseason. But the last two seasons they've had teams that were set for post season play. Last year injuries messed up that flow a LOT. This year they are just on another level. What looked like a hot stretch early on has turned into a hot season. They've been playing postseason style ball all season. Manufacture runs, make the most out of the other teams mistakes, etc. But they've also got some HOT hitters which they've always lacked. Sheffield, Chipper, Furcal and the Francos are killing teams. And when one of those guys are off they always have someone step up and get it done. They certainly don't play the game the way some of the previous teams have.

Yes it would be something to see all 3 teams succeed.

I didn't think the Braves were championship worthy the

last few seasons.But they seem to have a fire back they

lost for a few years.They had seemed to lose their fire

of the course of the last 3 or 4 seasons.

Suddenly, the red hot Braves are ice cold.

Where has the timely hitting gone? Leaving the bases

loaded, time after time. Look at how many Braves have

been left on base recently.

I know that Greg M. is pitching hurt, but what has

happened to the hitting? Plenty of base runners, so it

is not really the getting hits but not getting the hits

when there are "Ducks on the pond."

I know they are "Out of sight" ahead but, come on,

hit the ball when there are runners in scoring position.

Love watching the Braves. Been a major league

baseball fan since the last time the Cleveland Indians

won the World Series, which was before most of you

were born {Look up the date} but, if they go out on

strike again, I'm ready to just forget it.

Gray Mule

• 2 weeks later...

I think the Braves made a huge mistake when they did not make a trade for an established first baseman or outfielder. I knew there would be no way that our pitching staff would keep that pace up. Also I knew that all our no name players would not be able to keep driving runs in while our stars were in slumps.