I still don't see why BK is having Ukic work out.

hotboyj

I am no questions about it a supporter or Roko Ukic. I mean how could I not support a 6-6 pg, who has comparisions to Tony Parker and Manu Ginobli. The one thing I don't understand is why Ukic is getting a shot to work out, but felton isn't.

BK has said the main reason why he hasn't had many people come in and workout, is because there was no need to see many players, since we have such a high pick.

With that being said, I am really starting to think that BK sees Ukic as a candidate for the #2 pick. Especially after last year where he said his list went Howard, Livingston, then Chillz and Smoove.

Since Bogut is gone and Ukic does fit the same mold as Livingston, might there be a chance that we draft ukic. I'm sure most of this board would be crying out Marvin or Deron, but Ukic sounds like a very good talent to me.

If BK thinks he is worth more of a shot than Felton that has to mean something since Felton is no scrub.

I just think this board would go on a riot if that happened, and everyone would say Hello Rudy Gay.

• Moderators

Quote:

I am really starting to think that BK sees Ukic as a candidate for the #2 pick. Especially after last year where he said his list went Howard, Livingston, then Chillz and Smoove.

Umm....no. I think he is looking at Ukic as a possible pick if he pulls off a trade to get into the middle of the first round (for example, trading the #31 pick to a team looking to shed salary). There is no way in the world he would take Ukic at #2. If he wanted Ukic that badly he would just trade down with Charlotte.

I think Ukic's length and skills intrigue BK. If we take Bogut or MWil at #2, (and do not trade) then we will be looking for a latter round Point Guard. He is working out Ukic against Gilchrist. BK has to be very familiar with Gilchrist now because he participated in many facets of the workouts in Chicago. If Ukic does well against one of the top college pg's in the country, BK may look to draft the long athletic Euro-Guard.

he's not working out felton because he won't take felton #2, but he may take bogut/marvin/paul/deron #2

and felton won't be there later in the 1st...

however, ukic COULD fall to 31 (doubt it severely) OR bk could buy #19 OR bk could trade for a 10-20 pick...so ukic has a chance to be drafted...felton doesn't

Working out Ukic makes sense for the reasons stated in posts of this thread. BK may not be working out Felton because Felton's agent may not give BK free reign over the workout....not a problem. BK has enough tape on Felton to judge him against top competition. The same can not be said about Ukic.

I do not read too much into the "Felton snub."

IF BK is going to pick Ukic at #13 with the 2 for 5 and 13 with charlotte, then who is he going to pick at #5.

That would have to be gerald green, antoine wright, or danny granger.

I really don't want us to draft anything but bigmen and points, unless there is someone at #59 with tons of potential.

I really don't think BK would bring in Ukic just to see how Gilchrist would do against good pg's since gilchrist played in the ACC against jack, paul, felton, hodge, ewing, and the list goes on.

And if we are buying a mid-first round pick why would we only workout one player in that range?. The next closest guys we are working out are Stoudamire and Lee. I don't even know if those two are worthy of #31 let alone a mid-first rounder.

Something really does smell fishy, and it is driving me insane.

PG's in Ukic's draft range include Jack and Gilchrist. He has plenty of tape on Jack and Gilchrist, so he has to work Ukic to make a decision on which he will draft, if the need should arise.

I think that Jack, Gilchrist and Ukic are on the radar in case Bogut falls into our laps. Moving into the mid first round would allow us to add a good PG. If Bogut is gone, it would make sense to take the best PG that can lead the team for the next decade (I think that guy is Deron Williams).