• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is this possible?

ggp

Fine, reports are coming in that Marvin looked like a beast. If that is true, then we are set with our #2. Still, we will not address our top needs....Center and PG. Some of us believe that we can trade into the mid first round and draft Jack or Ukic....not bad. Before we try that, why not go for gold?

Why not draft Marvin with #2, then, offer Portland: Harrington, Delk, Diaw and a future first rounder for their #3. They need another guard (Delk) to pair with Telfair and they also need another Forward. We can offer them a Forward that can do more than Green on the court. The Blazers are also a team that desperately needs to add some good citizens. Diaw would be a good defender that can come off the bench as well as a possible sub for Telfair.

If BK can pull this trade off, we will add Marvin, as well as our PG of choice. Then, we sign David Andersen and another Center in free agency. The second round could then be used to take the best player available.....maybe a big man like Bynum to develop behind Andersen.

It would certainly be a bold move. I hope that BK has the cojones to at least try it. It can't hurt.

• Moderators

Not possible. Portland already has some long-term contracts at forward so I don't see them investing in Al Harrington over a top draft pick. I think they are looking to trade down for a lottery pick (chance at a star) and some additional consideration but not to give up on their best young draft pick in many years for someone who will clearly never be a star. I also don't think they care much about depth with the # of people on their roster. Finally, why would Delk be good to pair with Telfair? They would be woefully undersized.

All valid points. So much for the Portland trade. Is there any other possibility for us to draft Marvin and still come out of this draft with a good PG? I know nothing about Ukic, so I am going to leave him off of my list.

But a better Idea is Al, Diaw and the worse of the 2 between our 2 first round picks next year for Charlotte's pick at Number 5 this year. With this pick we take which ever of these 3 players is left and in this order

D. Williams, C Paul, G Green.

Clearing Al and Diaw off the payroll for another pick (and in this scenario I'll use Williams), gives us the money to sign.

Shareef Abdur Rahim (to replace Al and can be had for 8-10 mil a year)

Tyson Chandler (Can be had for the same)

Say what you want about SAR but he can score and I think a potential lineup of:

D. Williams/Delk/Ivey

Childress/Pick/D. Smith

J. Smith/Pick/

SAR/Collier

Chandler/Drobnak/Ekezie

This would leave us a good 6 mil to fill the last 2 slots with Vets (vet min and exception contracts) and still be under the cap.

This is a team that can score inside and out (Williams, Childress, SAR). Defend Williams and Chandler. Rebound (SAR/Chandler).

I think Reef will finally get to play with a winner this coming year. I'm sure he's sick of playing for losing teams since he's never played on a team above .500 in his career. I believe he'll take less to have an opportunity to win. It wouldn't surprise me if he ends up being a cheap replacement for Udonis Haslem or cheap replacement to Shawn Marion if Phoenix decides to deal him.