He has set an example for all of us. While we can't do

the great things he has done, we can all "Do the best

with what we have!"

Aside to Walter: Are you still at WCU? I know that you

were going somewhere else to school soon. The reason

I ask, our High School will be playing two games this

year at the WCU field, 8/22/02 {thursday night} and on

9/20/02 {a friday night}

Again, congratulations Jason Terry. Great Job !!

Gray Mule

Guest Walter

I had the option of studying Medical Ethics (paid for) at UT for likely 4 to 5 years for my doctorate or WCU (paid for) for 2 years starting next fall for a masters in PT. I have sweated making this decision for some time as I am already a PTA but I love philosophy. I chose the later because of a host of reasons. In short, I'd rather be a PT who does philosophy than a philosopher that does PT.

The biggest perhaps reason for not going to UT is that in McClung Tower on UT's campus where the Philosophy department resides, I couldn't take my eyes or mind off the far distant Great Smokey Mountains (through the haze). I love the mountains and am fly fishing, camping, trail running, or rock hopping every weekend. Just couldn't see 4 years to 5 years without it (because my back of late prevents me from alot of travel) and likely more seeing that in Medical Ethics the jobs are not in rural Western, NC.

BTW, Graymule, thanks for asking what's up. This was the hardest decision I have ever made and I still have not worked through it all.

I'm going to Shinning Rock this weekend. Got a new Mountainsmith Terra pack and a sweet 6' bamboo creek fly rod. Gonna slay some brookies, acid cook them in lime juice, and serve them as a trout taco. I live where people come to vacation. What could be better.

In otherwords, I'll be here Graymule. The games might be a possibility.

W