• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

English and Evans?

I would love to see both as assistants here. When Lon gets fired, we can only pray, we will have to viable options for a head coach. Evans is one of my top 15 coaches, and English I consider to be one of the top coaching prospects in basketball. English came off bad on that ESPN NBDL documentary because he intentionally avoided the camera and asked ESPN to give him space when he was talking to the players. Alvin Gentry did a similar thing when they covered the Clippers.

My Choices would be Alex English and Mark Price. I don't know much about Mike Evans other than he has some age on him along the lines of Gar Heard. I just feel that since English and Price are still relatively young that they can relate to the players better, plus Price would be a excellent tutor for Dickau and Terry. English can tutor our small forwards, Gar Heard can take over as the main guy to work with our Big Men.I remember Mike Glenn stating in one game that Heard told SHareef he needs to demand the "Foul" by taking the ball to the basket strong or stronger. In this game the refs were not calling alot of obvious fouls on Reef.

I dont know that Price has any experience coaching, and from what I understand he has been out of the game for a while. So although I'm not against Price I am not for him either. However Mike Evans I know is a very good coach. But I think he will be back in Denver once the Nuggets realize what a great coach he is. John Thompson might be a good head coach, he has to at least be better than Lon.

You make valid points about Price, he has been out of the game for quite some time now and may not have the sharpness needed to be a coach in the NBA. I have not been a supporter of Lon since he came here and would love to see a better coach in his place. (If he wins this season of course my opinions will change, but so far he has not shown me much as a coach) I would rather see an assistant that has worked in the NBA take over this club. I have nothing against John Thompson, just that he has not coached on this level yet. I do,however, prefer him over Lon. One assistant I would not mind seeing work with us is Alex E. I think he would be good for the club and the players. You would think that the Hawks have their eyes on other potential coaches (with NBA experience) to hire though. How we let Doc Rivers slip through our fingers is still doumbfounding to me (sigh).

Yeah but he lives in GA?Which means he only has to travel

for half the games instead of being on the road all the time.

I had a hint that maybe we had him in mind last offseason

when we brought him in during the summer....We will have

to wait and see I guess.