• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Marvin Williams Background Article

Inside_Man

I want the guy.

Quote:

Like the time before his senior year in high school, when Marvin and the rest of Seattle Rotary Select went to the Las Vegas Big Time Tournament. In the semifinals, they trailed the Atlanta Celtics — whose lineup included future NBA players Dwight Howard and Josh Smith and Kentucky's Randolph Morris — by 23 points at halftime.

"Somebody needs to show me something," Sedlik barked. "We know they're good, but this is unacceptable."

The shy, 6-foot-9 forward from Bremerton quietly raised his hand.

"I'm ready, coach," he said.

Marvin tallied 35 points, 11 rebounds and six assists. Rotary lost, but not before cutting the lead to six points. And there was Marvin with 20 seconds left, hounding the Celtics' point guard until referees whistled him for reaching in. Sedlik took him out. The packed gym showered Marvin with a standing ovation. Sedlik says it gave him shivers.

link

whoa!

perfect attitude to this game. even when things arent going right, when ur BEST PLAYER is trying sooooo damn hard- u gotta respect that.

i love our situation. #2 pick, bucks can only choose 1 player. id GLADY have either Williams/Bogut.

and keep HIM, unless theres an offer we JUST CANNOT REFUSE (it has to be better than 2 lottery picks from Bobcats).