• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Diesel's Offseason plan...

Diesel

• Premium Member

First I would sign Morris.

We have to have some semblence of a big man.

I know that BK will sign Swift, But I don't think that's the road to go..

I would try for a SNT of Kwame for Diaw... 5 yr 33 Million dollar deal. With a team option after the 3rd year. I think this is a very reasonable deal for all involved. We give Kwame 1 chance. He has to prove himself.

I would also sign Gadzuric to a 5 yr 33 million dollar deal with a team option after the 3rd year. I think with Bogut/ZsaZsa in PTL, the writing is on the wall.

That's our big men.

At the PG, I would take Damon Stoudamire for 3 yrs 11 million dollars. I would give him the guarantee of starting. I don't think he can get that anywhere else. Plus over his career he has made lots of money.

Also at the PG, I would take Will Conroy... 1 yr .7 million. I think this guy is a special player who was passed over in the draft.

I would bring back Googs for 2 yr 3 million.

I would try this as a lineup:

Kwame/Gadzuric/Morris

Al/Googs/Collier

Smoove/Marvin/Donta

Chillz/Salim

Damon/Conroy/Ivey

Kwame would play a little PF and C but we would try him out at C first.

I'll go thru piece by piece...

Quote:

First I would sign Morris.

Has Morris stated he's not going back to UK? I read recently that he did not hire an agent and could return. If he doesn't go back, I feel this would be a wise decision. If nothing else, sign him to the min and let him play in the NBDL.

Quote:

I would try for a SNT of Kwame for Diaw... 5 yr 33 Million dollar deal. With a team option after the 3rd year. I think this is a very reasonable deal for all involved. We give Kwame 1 chance. He has to prove himself.

We're stealing if Washington agrees. I think they'd rather have Sweetney over Diaw. I don't think Kwame would sign for 6 mil a year, but he might. A good move if it does pan out.

Quote:

I would also sign Gadzuric to a 5 yr 33 million dollar deal with a team option after the 3rd year. I think with Bogut/ZsaZsa in PTL, the writing is on the wall.

I think this will hinge on Michael Redd. If Redd re-signs, I think we'll be able to pull this off with no problem. If Redd opts for Lebronland, I think Milwaukee will guard their flock.

Quote:

At the PG, I would take Damon Stoudamire for 3 yrs 11 million dollars. I would give him the guarantee of starting. I don't think he can get that anywhere else. Plus over his career he has made lots of money.

I'm not down with any guarantee. What if Salim just flat out beats him out? It's unlikely, but it could happen. We differ on our PG selection, but I don't have any major issues with Damon's game.

Quote:

Also at the PG, I would take Will Conroy... 1 yr .7 million. I think this guy is a special player who was passed over in the draft.

I have to be honest, I don't know much about Conroy. Seeing as I don't know enough about him (other than what I read) to formuluate an opinion, I can't comment. I think another back-up point guard that can be had on the cheap is Travis Best. He's not a great shooter, but is a playmaker who can run an offense.

Quote:

I would bring back Googs for 2 yr 3 million

I liked the way Googs played last year, but I would rather fill this spot with David Anderson. However, if we did sign Googs, I wouldn't be disappointed at all. I think he's a great veteran prescence and a good pro for the young guys to learn from. I think it was obvious that the Hawks players had genuine respect for him last year.

In all, I don't dis-like it. I differ with you in some areas, but nothing major. I've changed my plan around to look like this...

Brown/Diop/Morris

Harrington/Anderson/Collier

Smoove/MWil/Donta

Childress/Delk

McInnis/Salim/Ivey

• Premium Member

I'm sorry, but Curry seems to me like an unmotivated, out of shape, health risk... He doesn't rebound or play defense well. I'd rather keep Al, go for Kwame.. It's still a deal.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Has Morris stated he's not going back to UK? I read recently that he did not hire an agent and could return. If he doesn't go back, I feel this would be a wise decision. If nothing else, sign him to the min and let him play in the NBDL.

Actually.. the rule is that Morris cannot re-enter the draft anymore. I don't think that there's a need for him to go back to Kentucky because for him, the draft means nothing. He'd do better trying to sign on with a team and if nothing else get into the NBDL...

I read on a Kentucky Insiders Messageboard that there is rumor that Morris wants to transfer to Georgia Tech. I don't see why he would since the main reason he chose Kentucky over GT is so he wouln't have the academic load. I think he'd be better off signing with the Hawks, developing in the NBDL.

• Premium Member

After doing more research, I think he can go back... But this is what I read..

Quote:

K Basketball

Morris Now Ineligible for NBA Draft

Email to a Friend Printer Friendly Version

In last week's NBA draft, Randolph Morris did not hear his name called and he never will. According to an NBA rule, a college player who enters and stays in the draft, and then is undrafted, is not able to participate in the draft again, at any point.

That means that Morris will forever be a free agent, no matter if he returns to school or not. It's an interesting turn of events that has both a positive and negative impact on Morris. Because he will not be a draft product, Morris wouldn't have the league rookie restriction on salary for the first four years. On the same token, Morris wouldn't beguaranteed those salary guidelines by the league either.

Of course, last week, the Atlanta Hawks invited Morris to join their summer camp team. Neither the Hawks nor Kentucky have heard from the center on his next move.

Interesting is that we have not heard from Morris.. I'm thinking that the situation he's in, BK should be on his speed dial and given a wake up call every morning just to see if he wants a doughnut!

im not a kwame fan, but i wouldnt mind that deal.

i think the REWARD outweighs the RISKS. that 3rd year team option is essential. w/o that- no way!

As for your 3 years 11 million Damon Stoudamire- i dont see him going for it. Yes, he made lots of money in the past- but hes not gonna take that big of a pay cut. I think other teams could do better.

THE PG depth is weak in the NBA these days. I think he could get more $$$ + the role as a starter for other teams such as INDIANA perhaps?

so if u want Damon, u gotta try harder than that.

• Premium Member

Even without a team option in the third year on Kwame. If we have him for 3 yrs and he doesn't play like we want him to play... and we can't trade him, we can easily just cut him and his salary won't count against the CAP..

Cap shouldn't be our concern. Our concern should be building a team that can win.

I think with the offseason I have proposed, we set up a lot of different things. First, we have suitable big men at the 5.

Second, we have an experience guard to help our guys make the transition AND he would also be able to take a back seat in the years to come if necessary.

There are not many teams that need a starter at PG. Indiana has Tinsley. The only teams with that need are us, Toronto, NO, LAL, Miami, Seattle, and Utah.. NO has Paul, Utah has Deron, Toronto has Ukic, LAL didn't get anybody but Phil likes Big guards, Seattle had a good season with ---- slips my mind, Miami could be a possibility. Still, he has a home in Atlanta.. and he'd be able to start for possibly all three years.