• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks waive Ekezie and Thomas

hotboyj

http://www.nba.com/hawks/news/transactions_010308a.html

This means one of three things.

1) We have a guarantee from a big man in FACY, and we are making room

2) Randolph Morris is playing for our summer league, and will make opening day roster

3) BK doesn't think Ekezie and Thomas are worth the 200,000 dollars they are making combined

I am hoping it is #1, because Ekezie is at the least a decent backup pf

Let's be honest, Ekezie is an NBDL player. He might be as good as whoever ends up starting for us, but we can pick up a player of his caliber any day of the week. As a matter of fact we can probably grab ekezie the day before the season starts. We might as well have all the cap space we can get for right now so big offers to RFA's hurt us as little as possible.

I don't see why eveyone is talking about wait to sign rookies, so you can use all of your FACY money. It doesn't matter how much we offer, because every year BK goes after players that aren't coming. I mean when you are a homeless guy, who is ugly, you don't go after Jennifer Lopez. You know it would be a waste of your time. Don't tell that to BK though, he doesn't care how many times he is shot down and used and abused.

Instead of going after Dalembert, Chandler, Kwame, or even Swift he would much rather chase down Big Z, who doesn't want to play here and won't be that much of help anyway.

It seems BK learns nothing from past experiences.

I mean if Kenyon Martin was worth a max contract, you would think Swift deserves at least a phone call.

because once you sign your rookies, you cant trade them for 90 days. say an offer came by that blew our socks off, but included marvin or salim~ we couldnt do it if we 'signed' them. it has nothing to do with the cap.

Give Billy some time.

Of course, BK knew damn well that Kenyon Martin wasn't going to sign with the Hawks; however, BK made an offer. That in itself shows that BK targets big name free agents at fair market value.

BK knows what he's doing. He's planning for the future. He doesn't want to be tied up to one player that may cripple this franchise for years (ala Alan Henderson).

Also, with the release of Ekezie, I predict the Hawks will make an offer to a rFA CENTER within the week. Curry or Brown.