• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

according to ESPN, Hawks moving in on Dalembert...

flava

• Premium Member

Quote:

Billy Knight is too smart to give bums like Curry, Dalembert, and Chandler anywhere even close to the maximum offer. At least, I hope he is too smart to do that. You re-build in the NBA by drafting well and using your FA money smartly. Signing big men who have no BBall IQ and who will never realize their potential to max contracts is not the way to go.

That's fine, as long as we all understand that this way of rebuilding lengthens the wait a couple more years.

If BK doesn't want to overpay to get a center in Atlanta, then so be it. However, we've been hearing rumors of their interest in Dalembert for over a year now...

I understand all of that but at some point we've got to overpay someone. Unless we're talking about several more years of rebuilding (and where are the big men for next year) we've got to spend our money. We have to be more realistic about what the perception of this team is and realize that nobody's coming unless we open up the pocket book. I'm all for being frugal and prudent but NOBODY will come here unless we offer max or near max money and we've got to get one in here to get the ball rolling. I'm also concerned about how long this franchise will be able to endure the losing and poor fan support.