• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Nothing....

tmac13

No major moves, no minor moves, no latteral moves, not even a mention of what we will do to spend the 14 million minimum that we have to spend this year..The free agent pond is drying up and we haven't even caught a minnow.Looks like no JJ, Curry can't be insured, and the Bulls will match on Chandler..That leaves very little..Do we give Zaza, Watson, and Hunter 1 year well paying deals and big minutes to prove themselves? That might just be an option..Maybe we trade a 2nd rounder to Memphis for Jason Williams and Lo Wright..They just want to get rid of their salary..Maybe the Knicks give us a pick to take on the last year of Penny's deal..I would love the Al for Darko deal. I think we would be foolish to pass on Darko's potential for the last year of Al when obviously he is not in our future plans. I just hope we don't sign a bunch of washed up old guys again who bring nothing to the table..

I am at the point where BK need to just go offer the max to Curry and be done with it. Since BK will not go after anyone else. He need to go Boom or Bust with Curry. If by getting Curry perhaps he can lure Jaric here to play PG.

PG-Jaric

SG-Childress

SF-Williams

PF-Smith

C-Curry

BK gets his large line-up.

Guest Walter

I love that deal for both teams and Darko. I think if given a spot on a team without LB at coach and all-stars at Pf/C he would demand some good minutes now and make for a good-great player later. Please let it happen.

W

We need to get a Center this offseason if possible, even if its just Zaza or via a trade. Next offseason there are no centers available really, and as of right now there are no centers in college that will be able to come out for the draft. So it's either this offseason, or Gred Oden in 07 if we get lucky with the lottery.

Quote:

We need to get a Center this offseason if possible, even if its just Zaza or via a trade. Next offseason there are no centers available really, and as of right now there are no centers in college that will be able to come out for the draft. So it's either this offseason, or Gred Oden in 07 if we get lucky with the lottery.

I seriously hope the Hawks are not in position to draft Greg Oden in 2007.

• Premium Member

BK is going to strike out. I stated back in February that it would be almost a impossibility that the Hawks could land a major free agent and it isn't going to happen IMO. What has clearing cap space accomplished for this organization? We are not the Lakers, this organization does not have the pull. I am now beginning to regret Stan Kasten leaving his position.

The only way is through the draft and making trades. I would give our drafting a B at this point. I think Childress is a pretty good player who will get better. Smooth could be a pretty good player in the future but he has a long way to go and hopefully MWill will turn out to be the player we all think he can be.

My problem with BK is he did not address the most pressing needs of this team; PG and C.

We have no trade value to make moves, we have nothing except the Joshes, MWill, and a pint sized shooter.

It's going to be a long year..............