Camby/Ward/Spoon/#7 to Atlanta

With the 7th pick of the draft... Atlanta takes:

Kareem Rush.

Jt/Ward

Rush/Glover

DJ/Toni/CC

SAR/Spoon/Smith

Camby/Nazr

NY does it because they need a BIG Man and Theo is better and more reliable (kinda) than Camby.

We do it for Rush.

I know that there are other guys but Rush has it. Star quality.... If not rush, then we look and see how hard it would be to make Jeffries a SF??

Even though I dont like the idea of trading Theo for the incredibly more gimpy Camby (which is why I wouldnt do this deal), getting the 7th pick would be good IMO. Spoon is a reliable player as well. With the 7th pick though, why would we take Rush and move DJ out of the position that gives us an advantage? There will surely be one of the big 4-5 SFs left at that spot or worse case scenario we could draft Woods ahead of him and then allow him to develope. Of course I would much rather get whoever is left over out of Dunleavy, Tskitishvili, Butler, or Jeffries, and then Woods. With Ming and Jay Will surely going top 2-3 that leaves only 4 picks before we would pick and 4 SFs who would be perfect for us.

So now we have a undersized PG and a 6'4 SG?YIKES!

We are loaded with a roster of even more contracts..Why

get Spoon?Have you seen how bloated that dude has got?

I'm surprised he can even make it up and down the court.

Now we are even WEAKER...

Ward/Camby/Toni/Spoon/CC all on the same team?Talk about

capped out city...Would we even be under the cap?

HORRIBLE TRADE!

That is without a doubt THE SOFTEST roster in the league.

This guy is the biggest injury risk in the NBA. I can't wait till the season begins and all the excuses about this work of art return by all his fans.

Please cut the losses and trade him and his possee of doctors away.

Guest Walter

"Steve Logan top 5", "Stoudamire top 3", and now this insult from the "NO TALENT SCOUT" to the 10-15 better basketball players/prospects than Rush.

Rush is good and he might be the best pure Sg prospect out there (Likely Nachbar, while maybe not a pure Sg, is better.) in a WEAK Sg draft. However, to select him #7 is the work of an idjit.

"We do this deal for Rush"?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

(snicker)

W

• Premium Member

Aren't you the same guy who has said that Googs would be the comeback player of the year for the last 2 yrs??

Wasn't you the fool who said that Big Country would be better than Dikembe this past yr? What were you talking about.... Put Putt??

Wasn't you the one who proclaimed Smitty for JR and JJ a GOOD Trade?? The franchise continues to sink.

BTW, how is your DJ is no good campaign going??

:lol

Guest Walter

First, no mention of why a mid first rd pick at best in Rush should be a mid lottery pick?!? There is none, particularly when Steve Logan and Stoudamire in no way resemble the same "no talent scout's" proclamations of top 5 and 3 respectively.

Now onto details of Diesel's non-counter-counter argument. Diesel, while I can repeatedly mock you with your player hate and hometowning trade after hometowning trade, your lack of player evaluation skills, your inability to defend your ever-ridiculous positions and opinions and then compound that by sticking to them, insisting such things like "We'll so what if Deke didn't resign for 5 years at $50 million and has stated he doesn't want to return here...we can still SCREW HIM!"...I will instead respond to your post's erroneous charges.

First, as far as Googs, I said he would be top 2 or 3 in terms of CPOY (not first). He wasn't. I was wrong. However, the statements were made in the context of him as part of a deal that got us Marion. Remember him? The "dunk artist only". He was Jason Kidd's shadow, right?

"Wasn't you the fool who said that Big Country would be better than Dikembe this past yr? What were you talking about.... Put Putt??"

Nope? But he and SAR were worth Deke in a "Deke Storm" AND HENDU. I sure would like to have BC's opening salary slot for next offseason AND what would amount to a portion of Hendu's salary slot. Plus, we would have kept our #3 pick and had SAR. Imagine Gasol and SAR together, the likely cap room to sign either ALL of our own 3 year future FAs and remain under the luxury tax or sign a FA in the class that includes Duncan.

"Wasn't you the one who proclaimed Smitty for JR and JJ a GOOD Trade?? The franchise continues to sink."

Your grammer aside...See below. We wouldn't have DJ or SAR had we not made that trade. I'd still trade Smitty in less than a heartbeat and I'd take on the necessary risk it took to get a much better talent in return either through the player traded for or the lottery fallout of that player not working out. Worst thing would be to keep Smitty or trade him for an equal (or lesser were the player younger) talent that would maintain our mediocrity indefinately, untlimately sending us into a rebuilding mode year later.

While you seem to disagree, mediocrity is NOT for these birds!!!!!!!!!!

"BTW, how is your DJ is no good campaign going??"

I think DJ is playing about like a mid 1st rd pick should. Ask Peterson, Mason, and other mid 1sts. DJ's definately no Miles!!! Remember him?

W

W

• Premium Member

Well, first off, you're talking about players who you are not SURE how well they will be. Stoudamire may not be picked 3rd, but he may be the best thing in this draft.... YOU DON'T KNow.

How do we know that YOU DON'T KNOW...

Your trackrecord.

1. The DJ HATE campaign of the last 2-3 yrs. How's that going? Do you still hate to see people talk about DJ and his skills?? You wanted to trade DJ for a box of cracker jacks last yr...

2. The "Googs will be comeback player of the yr campaign". Again... More Walter stupidity on display... How'd that #1 or #2 comeback player of the yr turn out?? Like I said... He would be no better than Hendu.

In reply to:

First, as far as Googs, I said he would be top 2 or 3 in terms of CPOY (not first). He wasn't. I was wrong. However, the statements were made in the context of him as part of a deal that got us Marion. Remember him? The "dunk artist only". He was Jason Kidd's shadow, right?

So now... you try to change the subject once again.... to deflect your wrongness. Googs wasn't close to comeback player of the yr. And more specifically, you wanted to take on his salary and pay him....

In reply to:

Wasn't you the fool who said that Big Country would be better than Dikembe this past yr? What were you talking about.... Put Putt??"

Nope? But he and SAR were worth Deke in a "Deke Storm" AND HENDU. I sure would like to have BC's opening salary slot for next offseason AND what would amount to a portion of Hendu's salary slot

First off... You did say that Country would be better than Deke in 2 yrs. Before your DJ hate campaign you had the foolish Deke hate campaign. You also said that you would take on Big Country's Salary which was 11 million at the time. Sad to say, BC Salary opening for next yr was still not worth taking him and being over the Luxury tax for 2 yrs.

In reply to:

"Wasn't you the one who proclaimed Smitty for JR and JJ a GOOD Trade?? The franchise continues to sink."

Your grammer aside...See below. We wouldn't have DJ or SAR had we not made that trade. I'd still trade Smitty in less than a heartbeat and I'd take on the necessary risk it took to get a much better talent in return either through the player traded for or the lottery fallout of that player not working out.

MY goodness. More of Walter's foolishness. So you think it was neccessary to give Smitty away for a broken franchise?? We haven't recovered and we didn't need to give away Smitty for SAR? That's more of your stupidity to validate the trade. Lo wasn't part of the smitty deal. BK wasn't what memphis wanted, but he was filler to make the trade work. Lo/Gasol was what they wanted and ANY filler would have done. BK's 5 million for 3 yrs was definitely not the trade breaker for them.

So again... You talk about stuff you don't know about. You still don't see the ability that Dj possesses. You still believe that it was alright to kill a franchise.

This is the bottom line idjit... In a yr whereby you have 4 1st round picks and 2 large exemptions.... You don't come out as the worst season in your franchise's history. However, you applaud that move and claim you would do it again? This is why when you talk down about these "future players"... I can only laugh at you. Because you have NEVER been any good at evaluating players. Stick to physical therapy... Because when Stoudamire becomes the next Karl Malone don't jump off of Goog's bandwagon to get on his.

• Premium Member

What was made up???

Your title suggest that I made up something about what you said... However, in your post... YOu had to swallow hard and admit that you had said all of the things I accused you of. More Walter.

Like I said... Just keep your lonely arse on the Googs bandwagon and don't worry about examining talent.