• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The future of this team...

falc82

The starting lineup should be JJ/Childress/Smoove/Al/Zaza (or other center) to start the season and probably throughout the whole season unless Al is traded.

That leads to the future lineup of the Atl Hawks. Josh Smith is the key to any future lineup because it is pretty clear that BK intends to have a JJ/Childress back court. Smoove can play the 2-3-4 spots and where he fits in will dictate the remainder of the starting lineup. It looks at first like Smoove is being groomed to be our starting SF since he has played that spot a good bit since the Walker trade. On the other hand when Al went down late last year Smith was thrown in as the starting PF mostly because we had no other option, yet he surprised by performing really well as a 4 even against top notch PFs like KG. Al will probably not factor into the starting lineup since Smoove and Marvin are the future forward tandem for the Hawks team in most people's opinions so that leaves Marvin as a 3-4. We know that Smoove plays the 3-4 spot both well but it has yet to be seen how Marvin would do as a 3 vs a 4 in this league. I think it comes down to Smoove's defense at the 4 and Marvin's post moves down low. Perhaps a starting lineup of JJ/Childress/Marvin/Smoove/Zaza (other options) for the future would make sense as long as Smoove was the 4 on defense and then switched with Marvin on offense. I think most of the points in the paint will have to come from our center and also from Childress slashing into the lane, and JJ posting up the smaller PGs. I'm starting to believe that this lineup could really win some games in 07' and be vastly improved by 06' and be able to win around 25-30 games next year. The moves BK has made are starting to pay off, I have my reservations about BK based on some past moves and maybe the 2 first given up for JJ (only depends on the protection of our own pick) but I think that as far as putting together a solid team that he has done a good job. I really think this team could compete for a playoff spot in 07' and really show promise in the 2nd half of next season. I seriously expect a top 8 2nd half record after our team starts to gel and for us to carry that into 07'. Cenk, Anderson and Salim should really be able to produce and contribute to our run in 07' and hopefully that is the year we turn it around, and no longer will the Hawks always be followed by the word ''lowly''.