• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Best and worst perimeter defenders

beav

interesting article. I like the stats (as always) and especially guys who know the limitations of their use.

I would have liked to have seen how Smoove rated amongst SF's rather than sg's (which he is not).

Still, bodes well for him regardless.

I brought this up in an e-mail to Rosenbaum. I asked him what criterion he used to do the rankings, and I used 82games.com's positional stats to show what positions Josh played the most. Josh played shooting guard 12% of the shooting guard minutes. He played 31% of the minutes at small forward and 7% of the minutes at power forward.

Rosenbaum told me that he used the positions that Doug Steele had on his stats page. Steele had Josh as a shooting guard for some reason.

He did tell me that Josh would still be among the top of the list as a small forward. He said the differences between shooting guard and small forward defensively weren't as much as the differences between small forward and power forward or power forward and center.

BTW, are you Dr. Weez yet? I start year number two on Monday.

naw, not just yet. Shoulda been though, you're right...I took some time off the past fall/spring (which is a large part of the reason I seemed to fall greatly off my postings/insiders/etc).

I'm back in, finishing up my fourth year, ready to hit the interview trail and see where lucky lotto lady fate (aka, the match) places me...guessing/hoping Charleston right now, but we'll see...

btw ~ get ready for second year. it's not 'harder' persay, especially since you kinda know what you're doing right now...but be fully prepared to hit the ground running full blast on day one. Unlike first year, they don't coddle you, ease you in, or provide much introduction...it's back to business, full steam ahead.

and good luck with that!

Yeah. We registered today, and we may actually have a bit more clinical stuff than some other schools as well.

I will be taking the basic second year courses: Pathology, Microbiology, and Pharmacology, and I will be taking lecture classes on Pediatrics, Neurology, OB/GYN, and Internal Medicine.

Then, we have our Osteopathic Principles class.

Clincally, we have what's called clinical involvement, which is a period on Wednesday's from around 1pm to 5pm where we are assigned to a physician in the community. We will be in the clinic with those physicians. We also have a clincial practicum where we will be video taped doing a complete history and physical.

We also have a community and behavioral medicine course. I actually got the DSM-IV-TR in my stack of books today. This is a pass/fail course that is based upon attendence though.

So, I will be pretty swamped once things get going good.

I'm ready to get in the hospital setting!!

You get in after college. You need to do well in science classes (biology, chemistry, organic, physics, and any of the upper level biology courses and chemistry courses). You need to take the MCAT and do well on it. I'd also suggest getting some work experience in the medical field. I worked as a pharmacy tech while I was in college, and after college, I worked for two years as an OR Tech.

I am good at science except Physics which for some reason i don't do particularly well in. What would I have to do if I am a Canadian and want to study in America. Roughly how much would the tuition cost. Hopefully next year i'll be doing my Bachelors in Bio. which wil take three years and after that i am hoping to get in medical school.

yeah, you apply after/towards the end of your undergraduate education. you don't have to 'major' in sciences or anything of the like, especially as most places prefer some diversity in their students (I didn't major in a classical science).

KB ~ we had micro the first year. slight differences in arrangements I suppose, as well as differences in osteopathic stuff. But, like I said, be ready to hit the ground running. I can't really 'give you advice' as to what's important in terms of tests...but if you have questions about what you'll really need to know once hitting the wards, feel free, anytime (and I can give you my 'real' email address if you want).

Focus on pharm a lot though, not just the drugs themselves, but learn them 'as groups'...obviously in terms of these are alpha blockers, these are diuretics...but 'group' them in terms of mechanism of action rather than clinical application. It'll make a lot more sense later.

also...be careful what you wish for in terms of hitting the wards. I can't WAIT to be finished with it (once you know what you're going into, it makes other rotations more painful...especially for me, as most of them aren't preparing me much for my residency).

I think you can apply from canadian undergrad institutions without much problem (the only 'foreign' country that has that ease of transition). For what it's worth, I sucked in physics as well...and I think I know why (didn't care/didn't want to dedicate the time to really get it all straight and set, how to set equation x for variable y so that I could then apply the 'new equation' for variable y into the equation I needed with the information provided).

still hate it. Just a pain in my ass...but luckily, once you're into medical school, you really don't use any of those sciences much (not orgo certainly...physics a tad, but it's much much more basic and striaghtforward).

just make your grades and study hard for the MCAT!

psychology with an emphasis on neuroscience. at the time, princeton didn't have a 'certificate in neuroscience,' so I had to simply 'major' in psychology, with most of my non-core psych curriculum being neuro and my (experimental)thesis (and indeed junior papers) focusing on addiction (primarily to alcohol, methods of administration, binge drinking, and behavioural withdrawal...though I did research in general in the neuropathways of all major drugs of abuse).

ok, that was probably more than any of you wanted to know.

short answer. I was a psych major.