Michael Gearon Jr. on 790 - Very Interesting

AHF

• Moderators

In addition to the same stuff we've been hearing about Belkin (32M payroll, opposes spending money, absentee owner, etc.), Gearon made several interesting comments:

(1) He listed the core assets of the team as Salim, the Joshes and Marvin Williams. He notably omitted any reference to Al Harrington.

(2) He described the future lineup of the Hawks as being a 6'8'' point guard, a 6'8 shooting guard, a 6'9'' power forward in Josh Smith and Marvin coming up at the other forward spot. He said that other teams cannot believe how much BK has built over the last 15 months and are very envious of that future.

(3) He said the Hawks are doing very well this offseason to land two RFAs in JJ and Zaza and that very few franchises land multiple RFAs in the same offseason.

I found that fascinating since it makes it sound like our imminent future is:

JJ

Childress

Marvin

Smith

Zaza

I think the gist of the legal argument against Belkin should be related to his undermining the consistent and persistent efforts of Knight to build cap room that Belkin never had the intention of spending.

When somebody is swimming upstream against such an obvious flow in the otyher direction - how could a judge agree that there isn't damage done?

Scott

I really hope that's the case. Nothing has really been said about any other interests the Hawks have in FA's while they still have some holes to fill. I'm sure everyone's keeping quiet until the legal issue is resolved. I'd love to see a team of:

PG-Johnson

SG-Childress

SF-Williams

PF-J. Smith

C-Curry

Bench: Stoudamire, Delk, Ivey, D. Smith, Pachulia, Collier, and others......

Pachulia is a nice insurance plan in the event Curry goes down too.