• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Top 11 Hawks (current roster).

I stole this thread from the real gm board, but thought it was pretty interesting, a rarity on that board as of late, so thought I'd continue it over here and see what y'all thought...

I'm not sure how you can rank this...cause it's a team game. If you get right down to it, Theo is probably the guy that can really make or break this season, but in saying that, I'm taking for granted that SAR, JT, and GRob continue their production and ability to stay relatively injury-free.

That being said...

1. JT - as the pg, primary ball handler, best range, and clutch shooting, he's integral.

2. Reef. Inside presence and leadership and league recognition...almost put him 1, but his inability to create his own shot in the fourth (be it his fault or not) caused the slip.

3. Theo - this team needs his defensive presence in the worst way

4. GRob - his scoring is definitely a huge plus, but this would have been a decent team last year with a healthy Theo.

5. DJ - again, the need for defense (perimeter this time) and his ability to shoot from three and finish a fast break (if only he had the handles to go from the perimeter to the hoop).

_____end starting lineup_____

6. Dion - epitomizes the role of instant offense off the bench.

7. Nazr - supposed ability to play both the 4(?) and the 5 and his rebounding abilities...tough to rank him vs. Dion

8. Hendu - a healthy Hendu would provide us with much more depth, as he's an above average bu at the 4 and can spell the 5 when absolutely needed.

_______end 8 man rotation__________

9. Email - not sure about this, but he can bu both the 1 and 2 and is a steady if unspectacular player. Incredibly average, nothing more, nothing less...

10. DD - almost ranked him one place higher, but he's unproven and can bu only one position (pg), so I put him here.

11. CC - a fine guy to have on your bench when healthy, his tenacity and fearlessness in taking it to the hole and willingness to play D...like I said, pretty much everything you want in a bu (a decent three, not so much at the 4)

Author Top 12 Hawks.......

sonictecture

Assistant GM

Posted: 2002-09-04 17:37

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

.....Not of all time but among the current players.

Rate every player on the roster, in order, from the most valuable to the least. (your definition of valuable is up to you, and can be explained.)

The top and the bottom may be obvious but what about the middle?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

profile edit quote reply

jaywalker72

Posted: 2002-09-04 18:26

1. Jason Terry

2. Shareef Abdur-Rahim

3. Glenn Robinson

4. Theo Ratliff

5. DerMarr Johnson

6. Alan Henderson

7. Nazr Mohammed

8. Dion Glover

9. Dan Dickau

10. Chris Crawford

11. Emanual Davis

profile edit quote reply

chrbal

Real GM

Posted: 2002-09-04 19:26

1 shareef

2 jason terry

3 glenn

4 theo if healthy

5 dermarr

6 nazr

-----major dropoff in talent

7 alan henderson

8 dion glover

9 dan dickau

10 david anderson

11 davis

----major dropoff number 2

11 chris crawford

profile edit quote reply

chrbal

Real GM

Posted: 2002-09-04 19:26

correct numbering version

Quote:

On 2002-09-04 20:26, chrbal wrote:

1 shareef

2 jason terry

3 glenn

4 theo if healthy

5 dermarr

6 nazr

-----major dropoff in talent

7 alan henderson

8 dion glover

9 dan dickau

10 david anderson

11 davis

----major dropoff number 2

12 chris crawford

profile edit quote reply

comptons

Real GM

Posted: 2002-09-04 22:07

Glenn

SAR

Terry

I agree with the rest of chrbal's list.