• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Lue

shock

I voted yes. He's average for a starter, but he's pretty awesome as a backup. I think that he's even better because he accepts the role like Bobby Jackson does and embraces it. He doesn't really know how to initiate offense, but he can push the ball, shoot, and play D pretty well. I think his defensive woes last year were way overblown.

• Premium Member

Lue

Bobby Jackson.

Devin Harris.

Marko Jaric

Kirk Hinrich

West or Banks considering Dickau is starting.

Sura or Alston considering Wesley the starter.

Derrick Fisher or Monta Ellis

Milt Palacio

Nate Robinson

Nelson

Chucky Atkins

Beno Udriah, NVE...

Steve Blake & Jack

Gary Payton

Brevin Knight

Now... How would I rank them:

1. Gary Payton

2. Brevin Knight

3. Nick Van Exel

4. Jameer Nelson (questionable..depends on Magic Plans).

5. Kirk Hinrich (depends on how Chicago plays it, but either of the Chicago PGs fit here).

6. Sura

Unfortunately, I don't think Lue makes the cut yet...

• Premium Member

If not Sura, then Wesley.

If not Hinrich, then Gordon OR Duhon.

Payton is not a reference from the past, I watched Payton as a starter last year and he was still better than a lot of starters. This year, he will come off the bench... I think he's better than all these other bench players...

Honestly... If you could have Payton or Lue for this season (based on play), who would you take? I'm sure you could come up with some halfway political reason like (our youth needs a backup they can grow with...blah blah blah... However, Payton on a bad day is still a better defender than Lue.

If Harris will be the starter, what happens to JT? I think Terry is going to start...

Nick Van Exel will excel in San Antonio.. If not him, then Ben Udrio... BUT I think NVE will do a fine job as a BU... He was just a starter...

Moreover, if not Jaric, then Hudson...

I didn't mention Chucky..

deisel--If Harris will be the starter, what happens to JT? I think Terry is going to start...

JT comes off the bench....the more i think about this argument the more i decide its useless. Its like looking at the color red and the color blue. i happen to like one better than the other, and you and phillydc like the other. the better player is in the eye of the beholder, but I give Lue the edge anyway not because at least 90% of the people on this forum think so, but because ive read article after article and heard broadcaster after broadcaster praise his ability.

• Premium Member

I don't exactly follow your statement... However, I am no fan of JT... I just think that Dallas likes his vet presence more than Devin... I think Devin is the better PG even now, he just makes mistakes (as any rook would)...