• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Best players out of the past draft...

Diesel

• Premium Member

Here's what I suspect....

The guys who will vie for the ROY this yr:

Paul, Warrick, Villanueva, Lee, and Bogut.

I pick this guys because they will probably play the most and they have the ability.

The pleasant surprises of this draft

CJ Miles, Luther head, Dijon Thompson, and Robert Whaley.

5 yrs down the road, who will be the best players:

1. Deron Williams

2. Chris Paul

3. Wayne Simien

4. Charlie V.

5. Bynum

Where are the Hawks picks in your analysis? I think Marvin will prove to be the best player from this draft. And, I think Salim will prove to be a major steal as well....Charlie V and Bynum have BUST written all over them. Wayne Simien won't get off the bench in Miami and he's proven that he can't stay healthy. I think Deron will prove to be a major reach in the years to come....He's solid but not worthy of a #3 draft pick...I think Paul is a stud...he just has that "it" factor. IMO he's the only player of that five that belongs on that list...Should read more like this...

1. Marvin

2. Paul

3. May

4. Green

5. Gomes

• Premium Member

I think Gerald Green will stall on defense. I like his offensive potential, but defensively, I don't see it. He doesn't put effort into now... I don't think he will get better; Smoove on the otherhand, put emphasis on his shot blocking...

I agree with the rest.

I think that Warrick is probably going to surprise most people. Everything that was hyped about Marvin Williams FITS Warrick.. In fact, Warrick was upset that Marvin Williams got so much press and so many accolades and he didn't. Look for fireworks when we play Memphis!

Salim... Needs consistency. If he gets it, maybe... But he's undersized, he turns the ball over when he's trying to be PG... He's a AU PG... in the mold of D. Stoudamire, JT, and Gardner... (a 2 in a 1's body)...

• Premium Member

scouting report (in it's entirity) of Hakim:

trengths: An unbelievable athlete who can jump out of the gym with the best of them. A highlight real waiting to happen. His incredibly long arms and intensity make him a ferocious offensive and defensive rebounder. Gets off the floor almost instantaneously. Possesses a nice turnaround jumper and decent ball handling skills for a player his size. Has the potential and desire to not only become an offensive force, but a shut down defender as well. A very exciting player to watch with huge potential.

Weaknesses: Everything he does is based on his superior athletic ability. Despite his ball handling skills, Hakim is still very raw. His points usually come from fastbreaks, tip-ins, and putbacks. He tries to dunk everything on the offensive end and block everything on the defensive side. Perimeter game is suspect, despite good form on his outside shot. MUST put on muscle if he has any plans of ever playing pro ball, he is very thin and is easily out-muscled. Free throw shooting and interior defense are also concerns.

I'll say this for Warrick. While watching college basketball last year (early on). I was trying to determine some elite talent out there. Warrick was the guy that caught my eye the most. Whether watching him, or just seeing his stats on Sportscenter. When some of the mock drafts started comming out, I was shocked he was so low on them.

It's hard to argue the high school kids, but as for the rest of the college players. I was thinking top overall pick to top 3.

Right before the draft he was about 7th or 8th on my board. Just because I took into account all of the mock drafts. If I wouldn't of had internet, and only the resources of TV. Then Warrick would probably been top 3 on my list for the draft.

Yes, a little homerism on the Salim Pick. I just think a shooter can play on any level.

• Premium Member

Once Warrick puts on the pounds, I think he will be too hard to contain. He's very atheletic, he can handle the ball some, and he's got good defensive "bones". I think there's a whole lot made out of shooting from outside, especially when you're talking about a slasher! I wouldn't be surprised to see Warrick follow the Vince Carter plan for Sfs.

squawk dollar bets on Warrick even ever being in a slam dunk contest? a slasher? really?

he's got the frame/build of kg and others...putting weight on that frame will be very very difficult.

I just dont see his having a position or anything that makes him worthy as a starter

• Premium Member

Diesel after the draft..

Quote:

. Toronto. You want to talk bad because it's a Babcock in charge.. But look at the work:

Charlie V. - Say what you want. He's still a 6'11" 240 lb PF who can rebound, block shots, pass, score, and handle the ball like a PG.

Joey Graham - I believe he's probably the STEAL of the draft. Any fan of OSU basketball will tell you how much skill Joey and his Brother have. I think Joey could possibly be better than Iguodala. Whoever keeps saying he can play some PF??? Has never watched him.

Click Here too

Quote:

I've been telling you all since last year that charlie V. had lottery potential. I read Babcock's account. He tried to trade down but couldn't so he took Charlie V. while he could get him.

The real question is why would you want another PF/Sf/C...

And interestingly enough, the answer is BPA... Same answer you see for us and MWill. Babcock believes that Charlie V. will be a star down the road. How can you argue with him.. He has the tools. After last night he should have the motivation...

But it's interesting. You guys criticize Babcock for picking what he believed was BPA when he already had a player playing that position.. And you praise BK for doing the same thing?

Hypocrite right??