• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

No one has given Woody Props for lineup Change

Blunt91

I know Woody's coaching is still suspect now but you have to give him credit for changing the lineup last night. We all thought he would wait till the middle of the season to pull JJ from the Pointguard spot but he didn't. I know JJ will go back to playing the point(probably when AL get back) but it was good to see Woodsen make the adjustment. Also on sidenote I am impressed with the Knowledge of the game of Steve Smith. I know he has a boring sounding voice but I still think he brings sound knowledge and advice to the Broadcast table. He brought up the fact that Childress is a solid shooter when he has time to Square his feet or shoot the "set shot" as opposed to trying to shoot off balance. Looks like Steve as been paying attention to the players and making mental notes of their games.

I think Woody has been fine. Seems a lot of people here make judgements on the final score. If all 3 games was like the 2nd half at Golden State, then I could see the negative Woody Posts. However, hasn't this team did something positive in all 3 games? They haven't put it all together for a whole game yet, but our last game (3rd of Season) was pretty close.

Yes, the Hawks are on pace to be 0-82. If they win their next game (first home game), then they go to a 20 wins pace. Beat the Clips on Squawker Night, and this team is on something like a 32 game wins pace.

Woody has definately yanked a lot of our starters out before the other team makes one change so far. He's already trying to find early combinations in the game. I think our main guys will get more PT when they play at home this week.

From last year's start to finish, to the start this year. Woody has done fine.

I watched the two very first Hawks Games last year. I started telling everyone that this team wouldn't win 10 games this year. Everyone laughed, and said they would. Well a 13 Win Season wasn't far off.

I've actually read some of you posting that this team is worser than last year's. I don't think some of you watched the start of our season last year, or can't remember it as clear as me. We were dreadful.

Last year we couldn't say wait til Delk and Harrington comeback. Last year we couldn't say Marv and Salim need more minutes. These guys just didn't exist on our bench last year. We got talent, and at some point this season we are going to get a glimpse of what we can do.

Judging Woody, Lon Kruger, etc..., really isn't too fair. Let them go coach the Spurs, and see if they can play deep into the playoffs. Let Phil Jackson coach the Hawks and see if he can win back to back championships.

Super Coach Larry Brown....have you checked his talent? How many games has he won?

This Hawks team is dreadful. It's 0-3.... The three losses

are to:

Clippers/Portland/Golden State

Golden State and the Clippers have talent, but they've

still been at the bottom for basically a decade.

It's Billy Knights inability as a GM and Woodson's inability

as a head coach.

1.Woodson has to play the mediocre Lue because Billy Knight

can't seem to bring in any vets that aren't bums ex: Kevin

Willis/Kenny Anderson/Jon Barry.

2.Woodson don't seem to be able to get anything out of

players.

The fact that guys like Joel/Dickau/Diaw can go other

places and fair well while doing nothing here is a reflection of the franchise and how poorly it's managed

and coached.