• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Salim question for the board.

exodus

I think when your "scorers" are on the floor. Defenses tend to focus more on them leaving him open for shots. That's the downside to JJ as a PG though. He's not your typical slasher that penetrates to the lane and kicks out to an open man. I really wish we had of focused more on a traditional PG since Salim and JJ are high % 3pt. shooters. I think they would be getting alot more open looks. In theory I like the idea of a team full of long, athletic men, but when I was listening to the game on Sirius last night (Hornet's announcers), they made a great point about JJ that I think translates to the rest of the team. When you're on a team w/ great players (ie Nash, Marion, Stoudamire) they tend to cover "flaws" in your game. You don't have to have a do-it-all mentality. You can focus on what your strengths are. With the Hawks, JJ has to have that do-it-all mentality since he has good players around him, not really great ones. That being said, I think it proves my point about open shots and such. I hope that all made sense and it was just my opinion anyway. lol

have chillz be the point; salim at the two and j.j. at the three; al at the four and zaza at the five. i don't wanted to say this but if we had diaw and not had to give him up, then he could of played the pt. besides, he didnt like to shoot the ball anyways. i miss diaw; i think if we matched the offer and gave them donte, 2 first round picks, the deal would of still happened.

Quote:

I think we can all agree that Salim is a scorer. In order to score he would need to get shot attempts. Under which scenario will Salim be able to get more attempts?

1) When JJ, Zaza and Al are all in the game

2) When one or more of them are on the bench

Shooting percentages:

JJ - 43.9% FG

Al - 41.2% FG

ZaZa - 40.4% FG

Salim - 47.4% FG

Isn't the answer obvious? Reduce the number of shots that Al and ZaZa are getting, especially Al, since he struggles so mightily from the FT line . . and increase Salim's shot attempts.

Al and ZaZa's extremely hight TO rates is a reason to give Salim more shots as well.

Quote:

Isn't the answer obvious? Reduce the number of shots that Al and ZaZa are getting, especially Al, since he struggles so mightily from the FT line . . and increase Salim's shot attempts.

So you think Al will defer to a rookie in a contract year?

I don't see Al sacrificing any shots for Salim. The only time he passes is when someone stops his spin move.

If it's the difference between winning and losing I think Al would...Al's going to get his money no matter what, there are too many teams that will pay for him(Lakers, Min, SA, Chi, NO, NY, Bos...)...the more important choice for Woody is to start Salim over Chill and make Chill earn his time back.