• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Big Test - expierence for our young SF's tonight

coachx

Did anyone see Artest shut down Lebron yesterday. I have not seen Lebron be shut down like that since his rookie year. Artest will probably do the same to JJ.

I see JJ hanging out on the perimeter alot in order to keep Artest out of the paint. This should help Marvin and Smoove get some offensive rebounds.

I am anxious to see how Marvin and Josh handle Artest (if he is ever matched up on them). I really hope they come out aggresively, that is all we can ask for. Hopefully they can match him in rebounds. Maybe Smoove even swats some of his shots. They will probably play Artest on JJ and put S. Jackson on our young SF's if we cannot make them pay for it in the paint.

I am scared of seeing what Artest will do to Childress. I just hope Childres can survive to tell about it. Artest could bump skinny Childress into the 5th row. Childress should have a speed advantage. Notice is said SHOUL HAVE.

Interesting to see if we can compete against one of the Beast of the East. I expect Harrington to have another big game since he will be playing his former team. If we compete with the Pacers tonight it will show the bright future this team has is closer to reality then our record would indicate.

I was being sarcastic.

If he is a 2 guard, he is the slowest in the league (Well maybe that goes to John Barry (36 years old) no I take that back, it is a tie.

If he is a sf he is the smallest (skinnest) in the league but has no speed advantage over your common SF to compensate for his lack of size.

I just don't understand why he is so sluggish considering his light weight. He can't weigh more than 185. Whatever he is listed at is generous.

Remember D. Wilkens was 6'8'' 200 pounds but had 3 times the muscel mass the 6'7'' Childress has.

It is a shame the "kid" (23 year old - 6th overall pick) does not look like he belongs in a league of men. What is more dissapointing is that he is 23. It's not like he is 19 - 20 like Marvin or Josh. He is either lazy in the weight room or has a genetically inferior NBA body. Unless you can shoot like Reggie Miller, that body = a short NBA career.

The Scottie Pippen comparisons are way off. We would be lucky if he is ever 1/2 of Scottie Pippen. Tell Pippen to his face that Chilz's game is a reminder of his. You probably be slapped silly, & should be.

I think we all hope he turns out to be Tayshaun Prince but I don't see that happening. He has the worst form on a jump shot of anyone in the league since Bill Cartwright. ( At least Bill was a 7'4'' center.)Chilz has to be set and wide open to have a prayer of making an outside shot. He is 2 inches shorter than Prince which makes it more difficult to play SF. No jump shot so he can't play 2 guard.

His athletic ability is vastly overated. He really cannot jump in better than your average 2 guard.

The only thing Childress has that is better than average is his wing span. I have yet to see this maturity and high basketball IQ some others claim to have seen at the NBA level.

I did not intend to bash our guy. As posted what I see as reality, well, it kind of turned out to be a bashing.

I hope he proves me wrong.

If that's not bashing Josh C., I sure would hate to be

around you when you decided to bash someone.

Josh is a Hawk. You're talking bad about one of our own.

He may not be Mr. NBA, the greatest player in the world

or anything like that but, by golly, he's ours.

I'll bet you're like the rest of us, you probably have

a flaw or two. If not, the world crucified the last

perfect one. Be careful.

wink.gif

Artest will most likely be matched up against Harrington and Al is already familiar with him, so I don't think it will be a big deal.

I am more interested in a couple of other matchups. Salim spent a lot of time at the point against boston, with mixed results. Boston is not a great defensive team and their starting pg was out.Indiana plays tough D and Tinsley is one of the better defenders at the point. If Salim plays the point tonight I think they will put a lot of pressure on him.

I also want to so how Josh Smith does defensively. He will be matched up with Jermaine or Artest. We all saw Josh struggle last year at the 2 and 3 against quicker players, but he seems to do better against bigger guys.