• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Poll: Nazr

BlackHawkDown

Everyone has been very supportive of Nazr. But, though I think he was a good pickup I do question whether or not we would be better off trading him for the best available player and signing some nobody to play BU Center.

Also I have problem with the fact that nobody expects Centers to average at least 10 boards a game that used to be standard. But I guess when a sloppy old smoking drunk like Vlade is called second best in the league then things are bad

You know, my problem with Nazr is he's to inconsistent. He can play an awesome game and even look like a starting center for most teams but then he hits a slump and just when you've had it up to here with Nazr and he's played a few lousy games he comes back with a very solid game looking awesome again.

I wouldn't trade Nazr though, not untill Ratliff has proven he can stay healthy or unless the Hawks get a young possible center in return (Nesterovic per example).

I think we have to make sure we have a good backup center until Theo proves he has came back healthy. Statistically Nazr gives us that but I really dont think he's as good as his stats. He scores OK but he's such a poor jumper that sometimes he misses a little putback that should have been easily dunked and it hurts our morale. He rebounds OK but part of that is because he completely ignores players coming down the lane and just goes for the board, not the block. I really think Hendu can give us everything Nazr does and I actually hope Hendu gets more minutes this year than Nazr. I'd definitely trade Nazr if a good offer came around!!

I posted a little while back that the only way that we could afford to trade Nazr (and this probably wouldn't be until close to the deadline) is if a) Theo had been healthy 90% of the time (b) Hendu had been healthy and productive to the point (or almost) of his previously "most improved" self

otherwise, no deal, no way, no how.

How good is he?

I feel like hes a decent starter CENTER in the NBA.

As a backup center, he is the best in the EAST (Magloire might challenge him and u guys could argue whos better).

Am i willing to trade him?

depends what the deal is! If MJ for Mohammed came along, heck yeah man!!! i would trade him. But we shouldnt trade for the sake of trading... we do need him as he is the only TRUE CENTER on our team (and if Theo goes down, we are in trouble!)

overall, hes a good/decent player and we should keep him unless theres a trade we CANNOT REFUSE!

Nazr didn't play like a sissy baller when he first

came here.He averaged over 1blk and he hustled

and grabbed alot of offensive boards and stick

backs but this year he turned into a short jump

shooter.He has one ugly a** looking jumpshot

anyways.

I guess Nazr was effected by the contract like I

figured he would be.Basketball players are such

assholes.So many of them sit on contracts.Look

at Arron Brooks for the Saints he got a huge contract

and is playing very well.

Nazr never blocks a shot (see DJ blocking more per game than him last year and CC being hundreths of a point behind with much less mpg). Time to toughen up and man the middle. At least try to alter a shot, even if you don't get the block (I'm not sure if he's got the lateral quickness).

---Nazr has said that he really considered himself a 4....let's hope he's finished with that notion and continuing to work on those plyometrics...cause he needs it. Please let Theo be healthy and Nazr be a fantastic BU. Please.

definitely Nazr. He's as soft as butter. He's a finesse big man if there ever was one. He's still a very effective player at times and he rebounds well but he avoids contact like the plague and he has NO hops at all. Saying that he lacks aggression is the understatement of the millenium. Calling Crawford a sissyballer and saying that Nazr is not one is BEYOND ridiculous, it is PREPOSTEROUS!

No doubt Nazr plays soft for a bigman. I definitely would take Magloire over him for our team since what we need is a defensive minded center or at least one who can get down the court. Which is why I think we should play Hendu more at backup, he gets down the court well for a bigman.

I dont get it you dis Nazr for being a " finesse big man " but when someone even dares to say your boy Tim Duncan has some sissyball tendencies with his finesse game you throw a fit. Let me make it clear Duncan isn't a Sissyballer but he does have some bad sissyball habits. I HATE Finesse from a 7'0 300lbs grown man simple as that.