• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Do some of you realize Dre Miller is 29yearsold?

Blunt91

Some of you have stated you want to trade Al Harrington for Andre Miller but did you know he is almost 3oyearsold? He will turn 30 in March of next year. I know we need a pointguard in the worst way but we might be "shortchanging" ourselves with this trade. Al is 4years younger than Dre. I would like for us to either get a young player to go along with Miller or a draft pick with Miller if we do this trade. Miller use to be the man when he was back in Cleveland(once had 22assits in one game) but hasn't done much since leaving there.

Yeah, but look at it this way: the youngest starter on the Pistons other than Prince is Rip Hamilton at 27; the Wallaces are both in their 30's and Billups is 29. That's part of the reason why they are one of the best teams in the league, and why the Hawks are one of the worst with an average age of 24.

It definitely wouldn't hurt to get some veteran leadership in here, especially at the point guard position, and especially in exchange for someone who will be an unrestricted free agent at the end of the year. That would still give us 3 or 4 years at the least to find and tutor Andre Miller's replacement at the point. And this year we could draft LaMarcus Aldridge and finally get a legitimate power forward around here, freeing up an opportunity to trade either Smoove, Marvin, or Chill.

I know we're building for the future, but right now losing like this without enough veteran leadership and without a true point guard is destructive to the Hawks' future: we're creating a laughing stock and a culture of losing, and we're alienating the fans in Atlanta.