• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Harrington For Artest??? He wants to be traded!!!

Wurider05

• Premium Member

I don't think Woody could coach Artest.

Artest is a different player in a losing situation.

He definitely has a screw loose.

Some players, you just don't trade for and I say Artest is one...

Plus..

We need a PG or a rebounding BU PF.

Moreover, what are you replacing Al with specifically? Artest is not going to play PF. He fights hard to be a SG.

You guys are not getting it...if we get Artest then we will not be a losing team. Like I posted on ISH, if we also trade Childress, Delk and a second rounder for Patterson and Jack, we would have an excellent defensive core.

Our lineup

Jack/Salim/Ivey

JJ/Patterson

Artest/Williams

Smoove/Batista

Pachulia/edwards

That is defense, and scoring and athleticism. I am telling you, with that line up we would make a serious playoff run. Look at the east, damn near everyone is under 500 this year.

I agree. Artest is a difference-maker in this league. I can understand reluctance to trade for him, but I don't see why a last place team wouldn't strongly consider it. With JJ and Artest at the 2, 3 (honestly, does anyone think JJ is a Pg NOW?) we'd at least be set there. Again, too bad we don't have Paul or Deron.

W

• Premium Member

You have Chillz, Smoove, Salim, and Marvin sitting the bench.

That's 2004, 2005 draft not growing, nor are they being used for anything else but off the bench. None of them can play PF.

Moreover, Artest is a time bomb ready to go...

There's no getting around that.. And Stern has already stated, the next time is his last time...

I say it's better to train up the young guys and wait.

Its got a lot of risk associated, but its so damn tempting, isn't it? The first thing I thought when I heard he wanted out was, "would he go to the Hawks?".

He has MVP talent but he's certifiably insane. I don't think he's a "bad person", I think he's just a bit "off". And Diesel's right, he's a timebomb.

His defensive presence is exactly what our team needs and that kind of thing is contagious.

But if he came in and reverted back to a negative vibe like in Chi-town, that would be contagious as well.

Not worth it probably.

(1) Bird has called him "the best player in the league":

His game is virtually flawless. He's a very good offensive player. He's arguably the best defender in the league. And he's willing to do the "little things" to help his team win. Because of this, the Hawks, or any other team for that matter, isn't going to get Artest for the cheap. A potential deal for Artest will probably involve Al and Marvin Williams or Josh Smith. The Pacers would have to protect themselves if Al doesn't re-sign with the Pacers in the offseason. So they'll also be looking to get one of our young talents. And no, it won't be Chill because most people don't think that he'll become a star. At least Smoove and Marvin possess the potential to become one. So if we do trade for Artest, say bye bye to Al and Marvin . . or Al and Smoove.

(2) Toughness:

Artest is also one of the toughest guys in the league. People can call that "thuggish" or whatever they want. But almost all great teams have had some sort of "tough guy" on the team to keep the team from being viewed as "soft". Back in the day, they called these types of players "enforcers". Kurt Rambis . . Bill Laimbeer . . Maurice Lucas . . Charles Oakley . . Alonzo Mourning can be described as "enforcers", among other things.

(3) Box Office:

At least initially, bringing in Artest would spark great interest in Atlanta . . if for anything, to see if he blows up. Just from an immeadiate financial standpoint, it may be worthwhile for the organization to bring him in.

(4) Tradeability:

This is probably the biggest reason to bring him in. As some have said, acquiring Artest, then dealing him later, could bring the Hawks more, than doing the same thing wtih Al. Artest would have more value. And although we'll have to give up one of our young forwards to get him, we could acquire the type of "need" players we need to make this a successful franchise again.

Possible deals:

- to Golden St, along with Tyronn Lue, for Derek Fisher, Adonyl Foyle, and a 2006 1st rounder

- to Denver for Miller and Nene ( if Denver wanted to play him at the 2 )

- to the Lakers straight up, for Lamar Odom ( giving the Hawks a versatile PF that can shoot and pass, and the Lakers 2 of the best defenders in the NBA in Kobe and Ron )

- to the Knicks, along with the Hawks 2006 2nd round pick, for Stephon Marbury and Jerome James

- to Toronto straight up, for Chris Bosh

LOL . . of course, Indiana could do these trades too, before considering an Al/Smoove or an Al/Marvin deal. Yes, I would like it to be an Al/Childress deal, but like I said earlier, I don't think people think that Chill has a lot of upside, compared to Smoove and Marvin.

(5) Atlanta is the new center for hip-hop:

We all know that Ron loves his music, and already has his own label. What better city to come to than ATL, if you're an aspiring music mogul. ATL also has a lot of talented people that could actually run Ron's music label, while he's playing during the season. With all of the studios, clubs, DJs, and producers in and around the city, Ron would have the best of both worlds. Basketball and hip-hop.

Artest is a great player and if he wasn't as Martin Lawrence says "CRAZEE, DERAAAANGED", I'd love to have him on the team. You guys who want him obviously never read the ESPN article on him a few years ago, well before the Detroit debacle. That dude is CRAZY!

That said, he has a great deal of trade value and I'm sure we could get a quality PG or big man in return for him. A team on the verge of winning would likely be willing to take a risk on a guy like Artest. I'll be Dallas would part with Devin Harris and either Marquis Daniels or Josh Howard and Indy can probably get a better package than that for him.