• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Anybody who saw the Artest interview should know

Diesel

• Premium Member

why we shouldn't trade for him.

As Barkley has said, Artest is undependable. But more than that, Artest has asked to be traded and he doesn't even know why or can't state why. This guy is totally unstable.

I say let him to go to Cleveland and play behind Lebron or let him go to Sac-Town and play with Reef...

but please NOT to Atlanta!!

No I don't want him in Atlanta either, but perhaps the Hawks could be part of a 3 way deal, I think the Pacers might like to have Al back, and the salaries match up, if another team could give us a young point guard, or a young big man for Al, it might be interesting...I like Al a lot and I don't really want to lose him, but the reality is....I don't see Al coming back... not unless the Hawks overpay for him, and since they are already overpaying Joe Johnson I don't think that is a smart move. Plus, it would help to clear out some of this bazillion small forwards mess, I mean at some point they are gonna have to start moving some of these small forwards for a point guard or a big man obviously.

we do need to get in on the deal, though

we can give them al and someone else give them something and then artest goes to that team and we get a player from that team

dallas:

harris/what indy wants for artest...we give al and get harris

denver:

nene/dre miller for artest...indy gets nene/al we get dre

clips:

we get livingston/wilcox...indy gets what they want and al, lac gets artest

bobcats:

they give bknight/brezec for artest...indy gets al/brezec, we get bknight

• Premium Member

I see it the other way..

Everything I have heard and read from Al tells me that HE LOVES his role as the leader of the Hawks. He loves it. I think he would come back at a reasonable price to keep that role. Remember he left Indy because he wanted this kind of role. He's the spokesperson for the Hawks and he's JJ's #1 option on offense.

As far as a three way, I would be open to that.

I have read some silly trades though. I read one idea with NY giving up Frye, Rich for Al for us to get Artest...

Come on now. If NY will give up Fyre/Rich, I would take them all day.

I saw an interesting move that sent Artest to Dallas and sent Stack/Harris to Atlanta. I would do that. But no way in the world that Dallas does it.

Then it seems like Sac-Town will pull the trigger on the Peja trade as soon as they get the phone call from Walsh... Think about it..> Peja already told Sac-Town that he was leaving... Right now, they're prolly talking to Walsh hammering out a deal...

Peja would love Indy. He always did idolize Reggie...

Quote:

clips:

we get livingston/wilcox...indy gets what they want and al, lac gets artest

now that would be a sweet deal...

I'm not sure the clippers would want to give up Livingston considering Sam Cassels age, but them getting Artest right now could put them in serious contention to get to the finals.

I just don't know if Al truly wants to return...He hates losing, and I'm sure some teams that are either in or close to being in the playoff picture will be making offers. Keeping Al to me would also really makes the Marvin pick even dumber, I mean you already have Smoove who is also a small foward...Why would you pick Marvin if he is just going to ride the bench forever

well, u also got the issue that al will want a lot of money, and that marvin/smoove should be our forward combo of the future...is al gonna wanna sit on the bench when/if marvin/smoove develop?...plus smoove/marvin should both become better defenders and rebounders than matador al

so al makes the most sense to trade for money/? if he'll return/defense/future reasons to try to get our pg or big of the future

i'd like to get a pg/big combo (the big can be a backup big to smoove) for some combo of al/delk/lue, but if we can only get a pg or a legit big outta it, then ok

i wonder if toronto would trade bosh or villa for artest since those both play pf...however, if they did, bosh/vill would go to indy, not us mad.gif

Bosh is awesome, I'd give them Marvin and Chill for Bosh...I doubt Bosh is going to stay in Toronto, He will probably leave when he is a free agent, Phil Jackson has already mentioned wanting to go after him. I think it would be great to get him, but the only way I see Toronto trading Bosh would be if he just told them theres no way he will resign.