• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Lenny W. gets Murray

Gray Mule

Since he is a veteran, Lenny will probably get a lot of

playing time from Murray. He likes veterans.

Someone thinks that this will make the Rafters THE team

to beat in the east next season. It only cost a little-used

back-up center and a draft pick. Sounds like a steal for

Lenny and his team.

Either Hawks didn't want Murray, didn't have what was

needed to make the trade a go or Murray didn't want to

come to big A.

Gray Mule

They still aren't as talented as New Orleans/

Indiana/Bucks and the Magic IF Grant Hill is

back.At best he will match Morris Peterson's

production as a starter and Peterson will be

a 6th man.They still have no good big men

and I still don't think they are overly talented

on the bench.

While I'm sure they're happy to get a player of his caliber, I'm not sure where he fits in on that team. Can he play the 2 (i.e. bu both carter and mo pete?). That, combined with the fact that Hakeem hasn't looked the best as of late (and condition is getting worse), perhaps trading a center wasn't the best idea (I assume he showed something at some point to get that contract). At points last year, Montross actually started. Montross!

The Cavs cleared room for DMiles and nipped any potential pt arguments in the bud - DMiles is now their full time starter. They get a bu center in the likely event that Big Z has problems again and acquire a future first round draft pick...for a rebuilding team, it's really not that bad of a trade. They keep themselves at the forefront of the LeBron James sweepstakes and make it easy for their two young stars (miles and wagner) to get all the shots and pt that they'll want. They're gonna suck no doubt, but they're building for the future.

• Premium Member

Murry is a bonafide starting type player. Acquiring him was probably a prelude to getting a C. Seeing that Hakeem is probably done (can't pass the physical), I can see Toronto using Mo Pete to get a C. The question is Who? If not a C then maybe a Pf? The question still is Who?

One possibility is Pete to Memphis for Swift. If Memphis decides to play Gasol as a PF (ala Dirk) then Swift becomes tradeable and a Pete plus Battier would be a championship combination.

Lo/Gasol/Pete/Battier/Williams.

Strong 5.

Another Possibility is Pete/filler to GS for Fortson. That would be perfect for GS. They get rid of Fortson, play Jamison as PF and then they have Pete there as Sf. Toronto gets a good deal too. They get a PF who can pull down a lot of rebounds.

AD/Fortson/Murry/Carter/Williams.

Not bad.

Swift becomes tradeable?" IF? I've been trying to tell you that Gasol IS a PF for a whole year! In addition, EVERYONE knows they would like to trade Swift, that is not a revelation. He didn't even start last year, why does he become expendable only if Memphis "decides" to play Gasol at PF? He's BEEN expendable! They DECIDED Gasol was a PF last year and that was before they drafted Gooden. Gasol is CLEARLY not a SF. He didn't play much SF last year and he didn't play SF for Spain in the World Games. The guy is a PF!

All that being said, your proposal of a Mo Pete for Swift trade makes a lot of sense for both teams. If that deal were made, I think Mo Pete would compete with Dickerson for the starting postion at SG, but I think that he would likely backup Dickerson at SG and Battier at SF.

• Premium Member

Wait one minute. About Gasol playing PF... He hasn't been. He's not strong enough. SAR had his way with Gasol when matched up that way. That's why Battier has been playing SG... Because Gasol has been playing Sf.

Will they trade Swift? Well, that's really up to West. Swift has been criticized about his work ethic. He has all the potential in the world but he has not lived up to it. I think that if Memphis can come across a C or a SG or a SF, Swift would be the odd man out.

Also, I know you caught this contradiction but Let me bring it to the Light ANYWAY....

In reply to:

They DECIDED Gasol was a PF last year and that was before they drafted Gooden

Why draft a PF with the 4th pick if you already have a ROY player playing PF and his Backup a former 2 pick overall??

Not to mention that Dejaun Wagner was still on the board.

Just like you said, when we played Memphis, who did Gasol match up with? Is SAR not a PF? In addition, I watched AT LEAST 20 games the Grizz played on League Pass last year and Gasol played PF more often than not. He's not quick enough to guard the better SFs so he guarded the PFs. He is not a good postion defender but he was Memphis' best shotblocker last year. Grant Long had to guard the SFs more often than not. On offense, Pau scored the vast majority of his points in the paint, thus his lofty FG%. He wasn't out on the perimeter shooting 3's and he rarely shot beyond 15 feet. Those are PF qualities. He DOES need to get stronger to be his best at PF (just like a lot of the younger guys) but that is where he is going to play.

With regard to Gooden, obviously West felt he was the best player available. I don't think West wanted Wagner and if he hadn't taken Gooden, I still don't think Wagner would have been his pick. In addition, Swift might have been a number 2 overall but that was in what will probably go down as the weakest draft in history and besides, has he played like a #2 pick?

Haven't you heard the talk that the Grizz think that Gooden can play the 3? If Gasol was a SF, why would that even be an issue? You think they are worried about not finding enough minutes for Gooden behind Swift or Grant Long? Please!

Fortson and Murray on the same team????I

dunno.....

After hearing some of the comments Fortson

made over the summer I wouldn't want him

on this team.He is a selfish player to be sure

and I hear he is the worst defender in the league.

Go look at Reef's numbers vs. GS as I am sure

they are high.

What if they trade Mo Pete to Detroit for lets

say....Rabraca!Remember Detroit got a new

forgien center this year(can't remember the

name)

Alvin Williams

Vince Carter

Lamond Murray

Z.Rabraca

Antonio Davis

That's a fairly good starting lineup.

• Premium Member

I haven't heard anything about Gooden playing the SF. And if Battier play SG and Gasol played PF.. Who was their SF???? Swift? Lo? Give me a break.

Juanny would have made absolutely more sense than Gooden considering Juanny already had a fan base in Memphis and being that Memphis is a new franchise, attendance is better than another bench player (if that's what he is).