• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Earl Watson is the real deal......

emeans

I am looking at the Cleveland/Denver game and Earl Watson is putting on a show. The announcers are saying that everytime he gets some playing time he has done nothing but impress.

I am very impressed with his game. I wonder if we can make a trade for him. He would help at the point tremendously. Watson starting and Lue backing up would be pretty nice. He is an unselfish point guard that can shoot.

• Premium Member

Take your pick:

Indiana receives: Al Harrington

Denver receives: Ron Artest

Atlanta receives: Andre Miller

-or-

Indiana receives: Al Harrington

Denver receives: Ron Artest, Tony Delk

Atlanta receives: Earl Watson, Eduardo Najera, future 1st (Denver)

I'll just copy my other post here since there is no need for two threads:

One of my concerns about Watson is his shot. He has made 4 3s tonight and 3 last game. He just made one from several feet behind the line with the clock running down.

He isn't the playmaking pg that most here probably want but I think he would be a good addition. I think he and Lue would make a good offense/defense combo.

When Watson challenges a shot on the perimeter he means business. He is very quick and jumps very well. They are using him to double Lebron and it is working fairly well after Lebron torched them in the first half.

On offense he is like a poor mans Tony Parker. He likes to drive but he doesn't finish as well as Parker.

He either has improved his outside shot or is just on a hot streak because he is hitting now.

I wouldn't mind seeing him here. I think he would help get the fast break going and improve the perimeter D. In fact a Watson/JJ combo would be one of the best defensive backcourts in the league.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I would rather have Watson. He is younger, cheaper and a better defender. Miller is at that age where he could very quickly become one of those unproductive vets with bloated contracts.

Keep in mind that this was Watson's best game of the season...But, you're right, he is a good on-the-ball defender.

I disagree about Miller, though. He's a tough player who doesn't rely on speed. He should age well, esp. considering he only has three more years left after this one.