• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Latest from Chris Sheridan

parvezf

This is the latest from today's chat on ESPN.com with Chris Sheridan, the new Chad Ford:

Chris Sheridan: The latest and greatest is this: Donnie Walsh is being extra meticulous on this one, and he continues to believe a better deal is available than anything that's been put on the table. The Al Harrington three-way trade nearly got done, but I'm told the Hawks did not want to take Earl Watson from the Nuggets. Indiana can get a couple of deals done immediately if ownership agrees to take on additional payroll, but so far they've shown no signs of taking on an additional financial burden. So the waiting game continues.

I guess this further underscores the fact that BK did not want Earl Watson this past summer, and he doesn't want him now. Is there anyone else on the Nuggets roster that would fit salary-wise that is perhaps an expiring contract? By the way, what is Nene's contract anyway? Do we even need anyone added to his contract to make the salaries line up with Artest and Harrington?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

I guess this further underscores the fact that BK did not want Earl Watson this past summer, and he doesn't want him now.

I find this absolutely stunning. I can't wait to see what BK does over the next 9 months. He has until next September to show me that he can put a cohesive team together.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I'm told the Hawks did not want to take Earl Watson from the Nuggets.

That sounds vaguely familiar.

Quote:

I guess this further underscores the fact that BK did not want Earl Watson this past summer, and he doesn't want him now.

Or, he doesn't want him for that many years.

Or, he wants to use that cap space elsewhere.

Or, he plans on drafting a PG.

Quote:

Is there anyone else on the Nuggets roster that would fit salary-wise that is perhaps an expiring contract?

Voshon Lenard.

Quote:

By the way, what is Nene's contract anyway?

$3M

Quote:

Do we even need anyone added to his contract to make the salaries line up with Artest and Harrington?

Yes.

How about:

Nene, Lenard to Atlanta

Harrington to Indiana

Artest to Denver

• Premium Member

I don't see why Watson HAS to be traded in this deal. He could always be traded to the Knicks for a big man like Taylor.

If Harrington is what Indy wants, Artest is what Denver wants, and Nene is what Atlanta wants, a deal could be worked out with other spare parts.

I still feel that Denver should have to send a future 1st out, b/c they're getting Artest pretty cheaply in all of these deals.

• Premium Member

It's the erroneous belief that somehow Al is holding back Marvin.

People beleive if Al is traded, Marvin would prove to be worthy of his #2 pick.

Same people would be looking to trade Chills for a second rounder when Woody plays Chillz more than Marvin..

It's stupid.

• Premium Member

Quote:

it's the fear of losing him for nothing.

As long as Money is Al's #1 priority... *As he has stated time and time again..

There's not really a way that we can lose him for nothing; unless we deal stupidly with him. We can always work a SNT in the offseason.

However, if Al walks, it's not guaranteed that he can get more than he's making now...

• Premium Member

I think he recognizes the 2 camps.

He's asking about the purpose of the one.

I mean, for the most part, the guys in the trade Al camp wants to trade Al for a Player who won't play this year (definitely) and is not promised to play next year.

Rather than keep Al (if nothing else) for depth and usable talent and leadership.

It really doesn't make sense until you consider the underlying motives.

Quote:

It's the erroneous belief that somehow Al is holding back Marvin.

wrong

stop putting words in other people's mouths

many of us have said we should trade al last season and this summer...before we ever got marvin or knew our draft position

the reason is what i said above; notice i didn't mention marvin/smoove/chill

u yourself wanted to trade al until we got marvin; since then u've been on a campaign to keep al

Quote:

There's not really a way that we can lose him for nothing

Ummmm ... how about this. We offer 9 mil a year, someone else offers 12 mil a year, he accepts and signs. He's gone. Nothing we can do to prevent that. We can hope for a SNT if it's convenient for his new team, but no guarantees.

There is a very real threat of losing Al for nothing

At this point I think we should just keep him though because I think that the youngsters learning how to win is as important as getting a player in return for Al. Plus he might stay or get SNT.

I would be for trading Al if we could find a good PG or C that would be under contract for us, but I haven't seen such a deal yet.

I would trade him for Livingston in a heartbeat for instance, but that ain't happening