• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Shaeef chats

Getting alittle frustrated Diesel?

"If you're not buying any of my crap, why do you answer all of my posts? You're my #1 fan Hotlantadude. Every one of your posts is a response of mine... (Except the will Smith is slime post). What's the problem? Can't come up with an original Thought? Can't lead a discussion? Or is it that when you speak NOBODY cares?"

Has there ever been a arguement you have not tried

to twist?ESP us winning a title.I'm sure you got a

way to twist to make it look like we have a legit

chance don't you?

You post Stack is better for the Hawks than Kobe

somewhere else and most people will clown you

even worse than we do.

Congrads on winning the attention ***** award.

But you are right,I am the number 1 fan of pointing

out moronic post and you do that way to often and

of course I enjoy pointing it out.Sometimes you will

get lucky and I'll give credit when credit it due,but

too often you reach for something that isn't there

or you go on pure speculation.

And yes I can come up with absurd claims if you

want me too.It isn't all that hard.

If I am wrong about what I said on this thread unlike

you I will admit so.IF JT can't play PG I will admit it

that's why I told you to mark it down.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

Just come up with one thought provoking post?

As far as the attention ***** award.. very good. I proudly accept. I get a high knowing that my opinion is so sought after. All you little puppets run after me day after day trying to find a kink in the armor.

But where do you go when I'm right?

If we can examine some of your thoughts. You said Oneal and Walker is better than Shareef? That's idiot work right there. For you to not realize that Shareef is a top 5 PF is amazing.

As far as us winning a championship. I said "it's Possible" Did I say it's a fargone Conclusion... NO. I said possible. It's also possible for Chicago or Cleveland to win it too. There hasn't been one game played yet so everyone is tied and everyone has a shot.

Likelihood... I don't know. We will have a shot. Like I said the East is unstable and it's anybody's to take. This yr we have a lot of talent.

As far as the attention ***** award.. very good. I proudly accept. I get a high knowing that my opinion is so sought after. All you little puppets run after me day after day trying to find a kink in the armor."

I'm glad you accept what you are.I'm sure you get

high,but it probably has nothing to do with any

opinions.

"If we can examine some of your thoughts. You said

Oneal and Walker is better than Shareef? That's idiot

work right there. For you to not realize that Shareef

is a top 5 PF is amazing."

I said O'Neal is better and he is.Better rebounder,

shot blocker and can play PF or Center and isn't

undersized.He also has more upside while Reef's

upside ran out his second year in the league.OUCH!

"But where do you go when I'm right?"

I told you before what I'll do if I am wrong,but too

bad you never have returned the favor when you

are wrong.

Top 5 PF in the league...lol Duncan/Sheed/Dice/

O'Neal/KG/Dirk/Malone are all better and Gasol

probably will be this year.

You have the audacity to accuse everyone else of worrying about "arbitrary assist numbers" when YOU are the one that made the assist numbers arbitrary by putting the "easy" in front of the assist! give me a break! An assist is an assist and the definition of what constitutes one is NOT arbitrary. YOU are the one that making it arbitrary by trying to differentiate between an easy assist and a hard assist.

EVERYONE agrees that JT needs to be able to run the offense if he is to be succesful at PG. That point has never been in contention. The problem is that you tried to come up with this dumb idea of the "easy assist" to support your contention that JT did not run the team as well as JV did last year.

We were more successful with JT at PG last year than we were with JV there, therefore, I think JT ran the offense just fine. I also think he will run it even better than he did last year because he has more talent around him.

• Premium Member

We should want Terry to be a floor general and not get happy because of his easy assists.

moreover, Easy assists doesn't mean that he's running the offense.

But you guys were the ones who wanted to change the whole meaning of my point by examining "easy assist" and it means just what it means. JT is not being a floor leader if all he is doing is making the entry pass. But some of you take 7 apg over a 20 game stretch and start comparing Terry to Payton and Kidd. Give me a break. Just because Terry can make 7 easy passes to SAR a game doesn't mean that he's displaying the floor leadership of a Payton or a Kidd.

So which part of what I just said do you want to focus on IN avoidance of the true point of my message?? Do you want a better definition of entry pass?

But some of you take 7 apg over a 20 game stretch and start comparing Terry to Payton and Kidd."

Who comparied JT to Kidd?You are the one that tries

to use Kidd againest JT.Go learn today's game this

isn't 1985.

Guest Walter

In reply to:

"But you guys were the ones who wanted to change the whole meaning of my point by examining "easy assist" and it means just what it means."

Sorry we didn't just accept that what a player is thinking at the time he makes a pass affects what is or isn't an assist, just like no one in their right mind would suggest to compute what Shaq is thinking when he FT shoots before coming out with a FT percentage. Sorry we didn't look over your creating a "STAT" from your subjective nonsense and a player's "thoughts". Sorry we don't respect such idiocy!

Your "easy assist" notion was so ridiculously arbitrary and solely aimed at JT as if he were the only Pg in the NBA that plays like him. HELLO!?! JT I-S the Pg of today's NBA!!! Thus, any arbitrary "easy assist" stat reflects just as poorly on his other, similar counterparts at Pg. Thus, JT no more differs from today's NBA's similar counterparts at Pg than the number of APG, TOPG, and A/TO ratio would suggest.

What does that mean? JT is pretty d@mn awesome and a special player at Pg. Some Pgs create their shot with the pass but today's NBA has little of that. Rather, most Pgs create the pass with their shot. The fact that we have been (SAR was the team's only other double digit scorer along with JT) and will remain, even with the addition of BD, a team that needs that type of pass creating Pg shows just how awesome JT is for us.

Does JT run an offense well? Yes, because the nature of him and this team has demanded he B-E the offense. Last year only SAR averaged double digit scoring besides JT. There isn't a team in the league I suspect with only TWO double digit scorers on the roster. Certainly, one of them wasn't a Pg as well. Even when Vaughn was on the court, JT was often on it with him. That meant Vaughn, who was good but was in no way near as good a Pg as JT, had one more 20 PPG scorer to pass to than JT.

JT may have had THE hardest job in the NBA if his job was to make the Hawks' offense look fluid and complex. The league's largest number of games missed by players and the fewst scorers aside from the Pg left JT with no legitimate options but SAR. Suprisingly, JT was dishing the ball tremendously well, pilling up assists without diminishing his scoring and aggressiveness, AND WINNING GAMES

We'd all like to see JT progress to dishing out 10 APG and maybe he will having new weapons to dish to, added experience on the court and at the position of Pg, etc. Honestly, though, I want JT to remain a scorer. I'll sacrifice an assist if it means two or three more FGs from JT, but more importantly he remains aggressive offensively. Through JT at Pg this club can be a special team.

Anyhow, JT was averaging 8 APG at season's end after only a half a season at Pg and with one above 10 PPG player to pass to. We were also an above .500 team with him at the Pg helm and a below .300 team without him at Pg. This IS running not just AN offense but YOUR TEAM'S offense. You Diesel get an "easy assist" for making yourself such an "easy" target.

W