• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Got my 360 today!!

Admin

and I have to say that the system is pretty sweet. However, the game that I bought with it is NBA 2K6 and its ugly as hell and the controls will appararently take a while to get used to. I have never owned a 2K game before but if they are all like this I'm sure I wasnt missing out on much. I am about to take the game back to Best Buy and get NBA Live since that is what I am used to and was really enjoying the PS2 version of it (minus the not being able to read the numbers on screen LOL).

Live stinks and has for years.

Anyway, you got to keep in mind that these first launch

games are rushed to meet the launch obviousally. I've

heard Madden is pretty crappy aswell... The lack of features in the game. I haven't played NBA206, but different people seem to have different problems with

games saying they aren't running their fullest potential.

I got mine on 12/28 and I bought Perfect Dark.. The single

player mode is kinda easy.. But playing Death Matches and

2 player mode is pretty fun.

I pretty much just stick to sports games. I will probably get Call of Duty just because it looks awesome ... I just got back from the store and plan on playing Live 06 now. I have always been a Live guy, so this will hopefully be a much better game.

I was going to get Call of Duty... But it was sold out at

both Target and Wal-Mart at the time.. So I got Perfect

Dark instead... I'll pick up Call of Duty and probably

Project Gotham Racing next.

I'm not quite as much of a sports guy anymore... I guess

tastes just change after awhile. I still play Madden 2004

fairly often though.

I am so glad that I took 2K6 back and got Live. I cant even begin to tell you how enormous the difference in the graphics and gameplay is.

For starters, the entire Hawks roster is accurate (up to Oct 1st and except that Jason Collier is still on the team), unlike the PS2 version that didnt have Salim in the game at all or JJ on the Hawks.

The next awesome thing is that you can CLEARLY read the scores and stats throughout the game. Plus every time one of your players scorers or does something, they show his stats for the game which I think is really cool.

Oh and during the game loading screen, you get to be DWade and you are in a practice area where you can shoot around and things like that while the game loads. Great idea there!!

So far I am only 1 quarter into the game but I can honestly say I have never come close to being this impressed by a game before.

What do you mean when you say options?

The 360 wasnt created to give extra options, it was created to have an incredible audio and visual experience.

One of the HUGE features of Madden for the 360 is that it has a (27 year?) franchise mode where EVERY stat for EVERY game is stored for the ENTIRE franchise duration. That is incredible to be able to go back all the way to season 1 and see the stats for the very first game.

Honestly I have never seen a basketball game close to as good as what this Live is. Its not just how impressive the graphics are, its that the game is much faster and easier to use and with the 5.1 audio it feels like a much more intense experience as well.

Also, in the EA games (maybe more games as well) you dont have to click and wait for another sub menu to come up, you just use the left analog stick and move it to the sides to open and close sub menus which is really cool and time saving.

One of the HUGE features of Madden for the 360 is that it has a (27 year?) franchise mode where EVERY stat for EVERY game is stored for the ENTIRE franchise duration. That is incredible to be able to go back all the way to season 1 and see the stats for the very first game."

I heard the 360 version doesn't have a franchise mode

and that's why I haven't considered getting it. Also, is

it true they've changed the playcalling system?? I like

it the way it's been.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...es&n=507846

It appears I was wrong in what I heard about no franchise

mode... That must have been some other game. But others

are giving bad reports for the game.

Well from what I have seen of Madden, its awesome. I played it a little at Best Buy and it was a lot of fun. They did change the way you call plays, but its a much more intelligent system than before.

Oh and its the NBA games that dont have franchise mode. I am assuming thats a first year thing and that they will be back next year. I'm not thrilled with that, but I rarely play more than a season or maybe two since I play every minute of every game and my gf doesnt let me play 24 hours a day LOL.

Well, reading more about it... It seems as if the new Madden is missing alot of little big things... Like

camera angles.... I'm used to a certain camera angle

and don't know if I could play any other way.

Also, accel clock missing sucks. Let's face it, playing

in real time makes stats look crazy. No mini camps

and things like that... Those things should be in there

now. ESP challenging plays.

• 1 month later...

Quote:

Well from what I have seen of Madden, its awesome. I played it a little at Best Buy and it was a lot of fun. They did change the way you call plays, but its a much more intelligent system than before.

Oh and its the NBA games that dont have franchise mode. I am assuming thats a first year thing and that they will be back next year. I'm not thrilled with that, but I rarely play more than a season or maybe two since I play every minute of every game and my gf doesnt let me play 24 hours a day LOL.

Awesome is an understatement and so is the word 'Best Buy'! Madden is well worth the money and I am anxious to get this live thing up and running.... I recommend it whether you have Xbox360 Live/HighSpeed Internet or not!

i played madden on 360 when i was 2 walmart the other night...

didnt enjoy it much.

the way i see it -- if you have a PS2 or Xbox already, it's not THAT much of an upgrade from the "older" madden 06.....

i'm waiting around for the PS3 to see if they pull off any miracles.