• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Artest deal on hold

exodus

The Artest sweepstakes have ground to a halt because of Ike Diogu. Indy wants him and GS doesn't want to let him go. Indy looks like they are willing to hold out for him.

I can't see GS letting him go. He is the only post scorer on a team full of outside chuckers. They need him.

That would be the best case scenario. I would take that in a hearbeat although I suspect Indy would probably want Pietrus.

If we are involved in a 3 way with GS and Indy I would expect to get Biedrins and filler and maybe a pick.

Biedrins is a project but there are very few players out there with his size, strenth and athleticism. I just don't know what he has in terms of basketball skills. I haven't seen him play enough to get a good read on him.

Foyle is weak offensively but he is the best interior defender they have. If I am not mistaken he is the leading shotblocker in GS history.

Plus they just drafted Diogu, and they play Murphy at C when they go small.

I really don't know that much about Biedrins. There was a lot of secrecy about him when he was drafted. He didn't go to the combine or work out for other teams because GS made him a promise.

When GS got hot last year after the Baron deal I was watching some of their games. Biedrins made a few plays on D where I was like "Whoa wtf was that?", kind of the reaction I get watching Smoove sometimes.

He is big, strong and athletic, with the toughness we see in Zaza. As far as his basketball skills go I really don't know.

So he is still a complete unknown quantity. I wouldn't necessarily be against acquiring a young bigman talent, but it is likely he is a few years away from legitimatly making a contribution. Since Al would be gone that would leave the Hawks dangerously young. I don't think being that young is a good idea. I would much prefer getting a young guy that has actually played a bit (like a Nene or something) and we at least know can provide 20 minutes a night from the get go.