• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Didn't Listen To The Game But I See Big Dog Got

Traceman

a DNP in the boxscore. Is he hurt or does anyone know why he didn't play?

I also noticed that we had a LOT of TOs, particularly from the PG position. JT had 4 in 24 minutes and DD had 7 in 24 minutes. I don't care if Big Dog doesn't play, they both have got to take care of the ball a lot better than that. DD also stuggled from the field again on 1-8 shooting. Tough night. Welcome to the NBA kid. I know he'll get better.

On a positive note, JT is still knocking down the 3 and Theo had 17 very prodctive minutes. 10 points, 5 boards and 2 blocks in 17 minutes is outstanding. I did hear a few minutes of the 2nd quarter and Holman said Theo looked a lot better than he did in the first game.

I heard Grant Hill played some PG and he

probably took advange of Dan.

Big Dog has a strained hamstring I heard.Nique

said it didn't sound serious.

Appearntly Theo and Hendu both had good games.

JT and SAR both only shot 6 times.Not alot for

either one.

Dickau probably will get better on the TO's.We will

not get really good til December.JT is usally a slow

starter or has been the last two seasons and Theo

and Big Dog needs to be worked in more.Not to

mention Dion hasn't played much NBA ball since

Jan of last year.

Some of our guys struggled, and they needed a good game from T-mac and Miller, i think we went into the orena and did quite well, especially we were missing bid dog. The rook had a tough night, i guess he is having difficulty with that NBA 3 pt line. Hopefully he will get the feel of it, but damn it has taken hima while, considering that he has been playing NBA scrimmages for practically 5 months now. Theo and Hendu looked every good , at least on paper. I hope Hendu is one of the league best 6th man this year, he very well can be too.

• Premium Member

I'm just saying we shouldn't get all wound up about Dickau's shooting just yet. It's different playing in scrimmage and even at Gonzaga... Then coming to the NBA in the O-rena with Tmac and Grant Hill and not get tight. Look at Jay Williams in Chi-town.. His shooting has gone sour too.

I think after a couple of weeks, these rooks will start to get into the flow of the game and used to the crowd and the intensity level. At least DD is not the turnover machine that JT was in his first yr.

I am sure it was precautionary as the Hawks have to play again tomorrow against the Pacers and we hadd already seen how we match up against Orlando.

Also, we have to remember that every team is experiementing with plays and combinations in an attempt to figure out what will work and what won't.

What I see didn't work again is JT at the 2. When Glover came out in the first, Dickau came in and JT went to the point. We quickly relinquished the lead and, surprise JT did not score. He has not played well from the 2 for quite a while now and I will be happy to have Ira back for IND so that he and Glover can split the SG time and JT can stay at PG.

More solid play from Henderson and Ratliff against the awful ORL front line.....Paging Stromile Swift.....

My thoughts on the game:

Grant Hill -28 Minutes

McGrady - 29 Minutes

Garrity - 25

Ekenzie - 19

Vaughn - 18

a total of 119 minutes for their starters: (this does not include the 43 minutes doled out to Armstrong and Miller)

Robinson - Out

Glover - 23 minutes

SAR - 23 minutes

Ratliff - 17 minutes

Terry - 24 minutes

a total of 87 minutes (or 32 less) for our starters.

Of those, Davis got 20 and Ham got 31 while Hendu/Nazr and Ratliff got less than 20.

We seemed to treat the game as a throw away game. Given that Glen Robinson and Ira Rewble the probable starters at the 2 and 3 did not play in this game and McGrady and Hill were a couple of minutes away from regular season starters minutes I say this is a helluv an effort. We lost by 12 but they treated it like life and death....Guess the previous loss the previous night hurt their ego pretty bad.

We played House, Carter,Williams, Shirley, Harvey a total of 44 minutes or a total of 18.33% of the available minutes in the game...these are players that won'm make the Hawks roster and probably won't play in the NBA this year getting 18% of the floor minutes. Conversely, the Magic played less than 10% of their team minutes this way.

Without DJ, Robinson or Newble we held a team with Hill and McGrady to under 100 points again and that's encouraging.

My only concern is that this shows how important Robinson is going to be to our offense. He obviously makes a huge difference and without him on the floor teams can collapse on the middle. Ratliff sounded good again in limited minutes with 2 blocks.

Considering we played without 2 main parts of our rotation, DJ is out for the year and our starters played an average of only 21 minutes for the game I'm very encouraged.