• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Darko?

ATLJA316

I was just w/ a friend of mine who is a BIG pistons fan,

he said that Detroit officially had Darko on the trade block?

forgot where he read it,

but he said they understand that Darko wont resign there next year as they are already STACKED at that position...

so they are ready to get some value for em' now before it's too late.

i know the darko subject always causes an uproar around here, but maybe this could lead to a Harrington deal that gets us Darko?

the way i see it, harrington wants out -- Darko wants out -- a straight up trades not gonna work -- so both teams could get what they want no?

bits n pieces? we have Delk to offer, they have delfino or arroyo...i dont know if they'd give up arroyo,

but arroyo/darko for harrington/Delk would be great

Quote:

I think he is worth Harrington, at least we get something

The question is, how much more is Al worth versus Darko? I tend to think that he's worth more and we'd basically give him away in a straight up trade. If anything, look at how much more interest there is in Al possibly hitting the open market next year compared to Darko.

Also, how much more can the Pistons load up at the 3/4? You've got Tayshaun/Delfino and 'Sheed/McNugget. Granted I think Al would be an offensive upgrade to Delfino and giving up Darko wouldn't really sum up to much for the Pistons.

But like I said earlier, would management really put that much faith in Darko. And even if they throw in a pick, player(s), or both, we'd still be taking an immediate step back and put more stock in the future which I don't think we need to be in the business of doing any more.

Have we lost our minds around here? You can see the desperation mounting. Al Harrington is worth 5 Darkos. Hell, I am probably worth 3. The Pistons are desperate to get rid of their mistake, and here we come with a trade that seriously downgrades our team and seriously upgrades and Eastern competitor?

Al for Darko would take the #1 spot in Atlanta's poor trade history. Yes, worse than Nique/Manning.

Quote:

Does anybody want to buy some magic beans?

I'll give you a whole sack for $500.

Yes, I've been looking for some magic beans- but $500 is a little too rich for my blood. But maybe we can work something out. Have your people call my people, we'll do lunch later on this week. cool.gif

I've already considered the fact that yes, Detroit is an Eastern competitor....but competitions not something we have to worry about in the East aside from the South East division.

all i know man, is i've seen Darko in practice before several home games -- and the man's got game. I know THAT isnt enough to validate him as an NBA player...but the guy just needs a chance. like i said....sometimes you gotta take a risk.

What else is harrington gonna get us??

imagine if we COULD get arroyo and darko out of a harrington trade---it'd be everything we need in a nice little package!

Quote:

What else is harrington gonna get us??

That's a bad reason to trade your most valuable chip, in my opinion. Basically what you're saying is that Al has very little trading value, so let's just ship him off for whatever we can get, even if it's crap. The fact is that with a little creativity from our front-office, Harrington could conceivably get us a lot more, such as a player (or players) who are actually useful and proven in this league. Darko hasn't done diddly-squat, ever. I think some people understimate Harrington's value- and if the choice is between hanging onto him or trading him off for garbage, I'd just as soon keep him.

the way i see it -- Other teams that WERE interested in Al, are now filling their needs through other trades while we sit here and twidle our thumbs...

im not seeing anything happening -- i've got faith in our front office, and know that they'll get SOMETHING done,

Al has big-time value, i understand that---

but is just my opinion that Darko isnt garbage -- and i think we can pull Arroyo out of the deal too.

Quote:

but is just my opinion that Darko isnt garbage

You may be right, but the fact is he has never shown that. And it's true that he has not been given much of a chance, but then you have to question why that is? Why won't the Pistons play him, even with all their blowout wins? Why is he still only given 5 minutes per game? Why has he only appeared in 24 games this season, with all the other games being DNP's- Coaches Choice?

I mean you have to wonder about that, and think that if Detroit had even the tiniest belief that he could actually play- they'd use him! At least in garbage time. But they don't. They don't let him play, and that to me speaks volumes about the abilities of Darko Milicic.

Quote:

Have we lost our minds around here? You can see the desperation mounting. Al Harrington is worth 5 Darkos. Hell, I am probably worth 3. The Pistons are desperate to get rid of their mistake, and here we come with a trade that seriously downgrades our team and seriously upgrades and Eastern competitor?

Al for Darko would take the #1 spot in Atlanta's poor trade history. Yes, worse than Nique/Manning.

uhh why in the world would the Pistons want Harrington? he totally doesn't fit into their scheme.

Quote:

i can understand being against the trade, but that's quite a bit exaggerating...especially since al is an unrestricted free agent.