• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Roethlisberger admits: 'I don't think I got in'

Squawker24

• Admin

he didn't "think" he got in. But on my TV, in HD, slowed down and zoomed. I called it a TD. The tip of the ball only has to cross into the white of the line (not physically touch it) for it to be TD and from the angle he is holding the ball, it looks like it did what it needed to do.

When the play is so close that 3 days of analysis can't determine, without a doubt, whether it was good or not, it wasn't a bad call.

and I dont see the ball crossing the goal line, not even part of it. The ball was turned sideways in his arm, so that means that a good portion of his arm would have had to cross and that didnt happen. IMO the only reason why the call wasnt overturned is because there wasnt sufficient evidence either way to change the ruling on the field. Had it been called down at the 1 the IR wouldnt have overturned that either.

Quote:

and I dont see the ball crossing the goal line, not even part of it. The ball was turned sideways in his arm, so that means that a good portion of his arm would have had to cross and that didnt happen. IMO the only reason why the call wasnt overturned is because there wasnt sufficient evidence either way to change the ruling on the field. Had it been called down at the 1 the IR wouldnt have overturned that either.

I will agree

exactly. I was watching on a 50 inch HD, that sh!t got in. Everyone there agreed.

Ben isn't looking at the tip of the ball as he's diving. He didn't know, and told Cower his guess was that he didn't get in. On the other hand, the refs who are trained to look at it, did say he got in. Those same trained refs who looked at the replays, again said he got in. And just about everyone else agreed too. He clearly crossed the line with the tip, and then it comes back before he lands. No question

I'm sure it was an honest oversight of yours not to quote "But we were getting ready to go for it on fourth down anyway, and I would have run it again. So we would have found a way to get in."