• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Refs almost blow game for Hawks...

a1aa0

Detroit 33 FTA

Atlanta 14 FTA

Resulting in SIXTEEN more points for Detroit!

Who was the home team again?!?

Zaza getting mugged on one end of the floor then comes back on the defensive side and gets called for a ticky tack foul... I would have gone ballistic as well and got a technical as Zaza rightfully did...

Josh Smith being the last one to touch the ball on the Hamilton miss? WTF?!?!?

Now we did get a break on the Childress shove of Billups on the fast break (no foul called)...

And the biggest of all, was the lack of a technical foul called on Childress when he clearly made contact with the ball as Prince stuck it out on the last out of bounds play...

Props to the Hawks for pullin' it out...

winning games like this is how one gains respect/ starts getting those calls.

a great many calls (or no calls) in the NBA are about respect (not quite the same thing as favoritism/staritism)...as you gain that, you gain more calls...

we won. despite whatever (including what appears to be a terriblenight by JSmoove,plagued by fouls much of the game, and something that seemingly no one has mentioned...)

great win.

Quote:

including what appears to be a terriblenight by JSmoove,plagued by fouls much of the game, and something that seemingly no one has mentioned

Terrible is a stretch. It is hard to be a major factor when you only get 5 shot attempts.

Also his shotblocking isn't that much of a factor against Detroit because they are a jump shooting team. That is why the Hawks match up well with them. The Hawks interior D doesn't hurt them as much against Detroit.

Josh did have some bad calls against him. That last call when they said the ball was off him was a joke, clearly it got knocked out of his hands.

Also his shotblocking isn't that much of a factor against Detroit because they are a jump shooting team. That is why the Hawks match up well with them. The Hawks interior D doesn't hurt them as much against Detroit."

The Hawks are 3-12 againest Detroit in the last 15 meetings so I wouldn't say they matchup well with them.

given the Hawks' teams of recent years...I figure that that's about the record that they have against most [other NBA teams]

btw ~ where'd you get the stat? It's actually a decent one...though Detroit has struggled in Atlanta (if memory serves me correctly).

anyone else wonder if Sheed actually kept his ATL jersey?

Quote:

The Hawks are 3-12 againest Detroit in the last 15 meetings so I wouldn't say they matchup well with them.

Wow you're a genius. Has it occurred to you that during that time the Pistons have been title contenders and the Hawks have sucked?

Since you admittedly don't watch the games let me spell it out for you. The Hawks big weakness is their interior D. The Pistons mostly shoot jump shots and don't attack the rim very often.

You get it now?