• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I asked once before and I am wonderin again

We are trying to install a motion offense?Is

that responsable for our high TO total?

http://www.startribune.com/stories/511/3375376.html

"For a pair of NBA teams installing new, slick motion offenses this preseason, the Timberwolves and Indiana Pacers spent an awful lot of time slogging through the trenches Friday night at the Conseco Field House."

"Isiah Thomas' new "Quick" attack produced 21 turnovers and 36.9 percent field-goal shooting, and was so horrible in falling behind 12-5 in the opening minutes that he flushed all five starters off the floor. Flip Saunders' self-dubbed "Mutt" offense was good for 25 turnovers, 39.7 percent shooting and a 13-2 halftime deficit in fast-break scoring."

This sounds like the same problem we are having.Is

Lon trying to install a motion offense?More and more

teams are starting to try this...Do you see a change

coming around the league?

Also check this out:

"The Wolves caught one break, though. In the first quarter, Kevin Garnett soared in for what figured to be a highlight dunk, only to have Indiana's Jonathan Bender whack him across the left shoulder and face. Garnett landed awkwardly, almost toppling backward, and popped up seething. Bender was assessed a flagrant foul.

"That's not even his character to hard-foul," Garnett said. "That's the only reason I questioned him. But everybody wants to be a tough guy these days."

Everybody wants to be a tough guy these days.

LOL

You can tell that the league has lack alot of Big

hitters the the last 7 years because most players

aren't used to the hard fouls.It does surprise me

Bender is giving the hard fouls though.

in regards to Bender - maybe he's pissed that Harrington's

getting all the love. wanted to take it out on another hs to pro boy

if we're are installing a motion type offense, then we're shooting a better percentage than both of those teams...which is about the only positive I can think of right now....

Hell some teams like the Knicks are winning

preseason games that they will not win in the

reg season.Same deal alot of these rookies

that are shinning in preseason probably will

not be doing is good once the season starts.

The fact that everybody on the team is turning

the ball over at a alarming rate says we are

trying something new.I know Reef and Big Dog

are turnover machines but everyone on the team

is turning the ball over.Also you notice the shots

have been spread throughout the preseason.Has

JT or Reef took 8 shots in a game yet?I know Big

Dog has,but we are trying to work him in with the

team we already know what Reef and JT are gunna

do on offense.

Traceman mentioned we are running alot of plays

for Big Dog while Shareef and JT are taking shots

pretty much in the flow of the game.

It's strange to hear players commiting such hard

fouls in preseason games.

esp. on a team like the Pacers. With Reggie, Croshere, and Artest out right now, guys are getting pt. It's been correctly said before that that is probably the deepest team in the East - guys are just trying to show that they're husting/ willing to put in effort at all times. You're seeing the same thing on the Bulls (Chandler got a concussion/ chipped tooth in practice...and Cartwright has said if you don't give it you're all, I won't give you a chance)...

Esp. on the younger teams or teams without set lineups, guys are really fighting for pt/respect/ roster spots...so they're trying to show that they're willing to go all out....and this is the result, for better or worse.

It's amazing what players will do when the

position isn't given to them isn't it?

Some of the younger guys seem alittle more

hungry than they have the last few years.I

honestly think it's a good thing.

Agreed. I think a lot of it is the cap situation - vets are having to take less and step up more and the mgt. is saying "prove it to me first" more and more. IM, Jamison will be one of the last players you see get a max deal without fully deserving it (he's not a 20/10 guy and he can't change the course of a game on a consistent, key is consistent, basis).

All in all, with the influx of Euro's, the league is getting deeper and fewer roster spots, esp. starting spots, are just being handed out...even on the Nuggets. AKA, the return of hustle.

You guys are forgetting that the NBA players now days can't shoot the ball. The reason field goal percentages are low is because of the lack of fundamentals. Again, I stress the reason the International players are taking over the league is because they have 2-a-day practices; one for fundamentals and the other just to practice. Today, America looks at the high flyers, shake and bake, ankle breaking, Rucker park Hoopers. And for the Hawks, the reason they are shooting bad is because they have not adjusted to eachother. I mean Dickau and Big Dog are shooting horrible right now under their standards. The Hawks are playing tonight against the Pacers. Watch the game(if it is on NBA league pass) I will be watching the highlights. Peace.