• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Delk

shock

management likes and respects Delk. If nothing happens with him, it won't be their fault, they are more than willing to work with him and other teams

Also, don't feel bad for Delk. He had a player option. It seems pretty clear that we had no intent to play him this year. I would guess that he had to know that, and still chose to take the money here, thinking that it was the most he could get. And so he's indeed getting that money. I would be extremely happy to take 3.5 million dollars to shoot around and sit on my butt. We're not talking about an unfortunate man here.

Yeah, I can definitely see both sides of it...he took what he probably figured was the best money he was gonna get, and the Hawks probably thought "OK, we gotta keep ya but we don't gotta play ya".

Contracts are contracts and they should be strinctly business. Hey at least the Hawks didn't just march him out for the last 30 seconds of blowouts to really rub his face in it. They allowed him the dignity of wearing a nice suit to most of the games.

Quote:

If BK cant make a trade to send Tony to another team, then the Hawks need to buy out his contract so he can sign with another team. Management has absolutely bombed in the PR department with this situation as far as I'm concerned.

How is this a PR problem? Delk just is not very good so no reason he should be playing when the team already has two identical players (Salim and Lue). Delk is lucky to be collecting an NBA pay check at this point.