• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Draft S Williams or Aldridge or ??

thescout5

Quote:

Aldridge is my guy for this draft until I hear something that makes me change my mind. The kid can play and would fill a huge need for us.

Agreed 100%. If we are in a position to draft him, it's a no brainer, and I would expect that the hawks see it that way too.

This only gets complicated if he's gone, and you end up having to decide between a)reaching down to take a guy like Shelden even though he doesn't deserve to go that high, b)trading down and taking him, c)trading the pick for a veteran, or d) taking a better guy who doesn't fit a need.

I would guess that this time it will not be option d).

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Quote:

Aldridge is my guy for this draft until I hear something that makes me change my mind. The kid can play and would fill a huge need for us.

Agreed 100%. If we are in a position to draft him, it's a no brainer, and I would expect that the hawks see it that way too.

This only gets complicated if he's gone, and you end up having to decide between a)reaching down to take a guy like Shelden even though he doesn't deserve to go that high, b)trading down and taking him, c)trading the pick for a veteran, or d) taking a better guy who doesn't fit a need.

I would guess that this time it will not be option d).

Who cares, he doesn't address our problem. He is 6'10 230. What is he a PF or a SF? He is basically Lamar Odom.

Quote:

I'll take it that you think that 6'9" 240 Ben Wallace is a SF also? You really are dumber than I thought

FYI Bill Russell was 6'10" 220

the fact that he is sucessful as center is an indictment of the state of the center position, particularly in the East, than it is a statement of his ability. I think he is overrated. Jabbar, Hakeem, Laimbeer, Parish, Ewing, Tree, Eaton, Walton, Malone, would have killed him.

BK will take Aldridge if he gets the chance. I don't think that is even debatable.

However he needs to get stronger before he spends much time at center in the pros. He is getting pushed around quite a bit in college. So even if they draft him they will still need to get a center who can play D.

Quote:

BK will take Aldridge if he gets the chance. I don't think that is even debatable.

However he needs to get stronger before he spends much time at center in the pros. He is getting pushed around quite a bit in college. So even if they draft him they will still need to get a center who can play D.

Exactly..he is an alsoran. If Oden was in this draft we would all kill ourselves if we picked Aldridge. In fact I put him behind Shelden Williams and he is just a tub of goo.

Quote:

definitely. He's no savior, but easily the best for us. Having said that, I thought Frye would get shoved around this year and has done quite well.

Chris Bosh is 6'10", 230. Is he "basically Lamar Odom" simply because he is the same exact size and height?

Amare is 6'10" 245.

So Lamarcus is as tall, possibly taller than those guys. He's also at least 7 lbs. heavier than Bosh. These are the new breed of Center in the NBA, and I would trade away any player on our team for either of them.

If Lamarcus reaches his potential, he could be in their same category. We don't need him to be Hakeem or Bill Walton. We need him to be a damn good center in TODAY's NBA.

Quote:

Obviouly we'd take Oden over Lamarcus, but that's not an option. We'd also have drafted LeBron over Marvin, but was that an opportunity for us>

Oden is being billed as a once in a generation player (HYPE!). There aren't any of those in this draft.

So because there's no Oden, we should settle for Shelden?

I am saying that we are going to draft Aldridge and still not fill our need for a center. He will end up playing PF..or even SF.

Quote:

I thought Frye would get shoved around this year and has done quite well.

I think Aldridge could play some center in 2 or 3 years but he definitely needs to mature some first. I think he is already a better post player than Frye. Frye is mainly a jump shooter.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Obviouly we'd take Oden over Lamarcus, but that's not an option. We'd also have drafted LeBron over Marvin, but was that an opportunity for us>

Oden is being billed as a once in a generation player (HYPE!). There aren't any of those in this draft.

So because there's no Oden, we should settle for Shelden?

I am saying that we are going to draft Aldridge and still not fill our need for a center. He will end up playing PF..or even SF.

Aldridge won't be a SF. You can get over that notion. He is a big PF/light C player right now and we could badly use that on our roster.

I wouldn't be heart broken to see us with Williams because a bruiser PF would also be a big help to this team.

Like pretty much everyone, I just don't want to see Adam Morrison, Gay, etc. without a major trade being pulled.