• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Delk Waived!

ATLJA316

Hawks Waive Tony Delk

ATLANTA, GA (Feb. 24, 2006) -- The Atlanta Hawks today waived veteran guard Tony Delk, according to Executive Vice President/General Manager Billy Knight.

In his 10th season from the University of Kentucky, Delk played in one regular season game for the Hawks this year (Feb. 12 at Sacramento), scoring two points in seven minutes. Over his career, he has averaged 9.2 ppg, 2.5 rpg and 1.9 apg (.407 FG%, .340 3FG%, .771 FT%) in 522 regular season contests.

The Hawks originally obtained Delk from the Dallas Mavericks, along with Antoine Walker, in exchange for Jason Terry, Alan Henderson and a second-round draft pick on August 4, 2004.

sorry if someone already posted this, but i just saw it

With S.S. being suspended for two games, Hawks should have

waited until the suspension was over. Two games wouldn't

have mattered THAT much. After all, he had been a Hawk

all season.

We needed him more the first two games that he was gone

than any time this season - Just bad timing on our part

and it might have cost us the win last night.

Having played 4 games in 5 days and being short handed,

fresh legs on the floor would have been nice.

Oh well, on to bigger and better things!

smirk.gif

Off topic but I didn't want to start a new thread and this one's about talked out anyway.

Heard a quick soundbite on 790 the Zone this morning talking about an article in an out of town paper by Peter Vescy (sp?), talking about SS now on a 2nd suspension, phyical stuff in the locker room (between SS and coach W), and a bunch of attitude clashes in the locker room of the Hawks.

It was mentioned that the info had not been reported in the AJC...just a 20 second soundbite. I checked last 2 pages of posts and didn't see anything (but haven't been online over the weekend so apologize if I'm rehashing)... tongue.gif

If it's true that's a damn shame.

Makes it hard to support Salim, he's had it bad enough during his shooting slump.

I have a theory that the prima donna mentality can lead to results, particularly with NFL wide receivers. That believing you are invinceable, unstoppable, better than your peers, etc. gives you an edge that translates to actual improved performance. You're more likely to be the best, if you believe you are the best. Salim just has to learn how to channel that confidence in a more positive direction.

Well...I've done a bunch of net searches and haven't found anything...so if this isn't true i apologize. I did hear it on 790 this morning though. Only thing I can think is that the news reader accidentally said "2nd suspension" instead of "2-day suspension". But it sounded like a big story to me. I've had 790 on live streaming since and haven't heard anything else.