• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Would you consider trading the pick...?

mrhonline

If we could only use Salim to net us Jarrett Jack in some package than we could look to move our 1st and Harrington to net us that big time PF/C. The thing with the Jack trade is that Paul Allen is a big character guy and he might not be interested in bringing Salim there.

*As far as Aldridge is concerned, isn't he more of a finesse inside player? Can we see him eventually banging inside with the big boys?

• Moderators

Quote:

*As far as Aldridge is concerned, isn't he more of a finesse inside player? Can we see him eventually banging inside with the big boys?

From what I have seen, yes - I can see him banging with the big boys. I'd be interested to hear the opinions of others, though.

Aldridge is definitely more of a finesse player at the moment, but that's mostly because he has an array of moves (turnaround J, hook shot) and is a very fluid athlete with quick feet. He's a bit undersized right now (I think 240-ish) to be a banger, and this will be even more apparent in the league next year. However, once he adds the weight and becomes more aggressive he could certainly become a dominant post player - no question.

He really is the cream of the class, and exactly what we need. I've heard he has a 7'5" wingspan to go with the quick feet & hops - the recipe for a great shot-blocker & rebounder.

Looking throught the mock, and realizing that March Madness has yet to happen (where as Chillz aptly pointed out, most players are made and known), I'd HEAVILY consider trading the pick if a good offer came about (we could even package harrington in the deal if it came to that).

This draft simply does NOT impress me in the least.

Question is though: do we have another first coming this year or next? otherwise, we can't trade the pick (you have to have a pick in the first round in every one out of two years).

you can't trade the pick. But the second you have drafted you can trade the rights to the player for someone. So basically you can have an under the table deal to draft for another team and then immediately do the deal. This happens relatively often. Basically the other team might say we'll do the trade as long as this or that player is still available when you draft. Then if that's the case, they double check with them, draft for them, and immediately do the trade.

The only difference is we have to wait until draft night