• Raised $390 of $700 target

I would keep Harrington IF...

. . this lineup has been working for the Hawks recently:

G - JJ

G - Chill

F - Williams

F - Smoove

F - Harrington

In a league that is absent of a plethora of dominant big men, don't be surprised if Knight would prefer this lineup in the future.

A lot of you believe that whomever we bring in, will start right away. I don't think that'll necessarily be the case.

And if they do start, they may play spot minutes, much like Ivey does for us. I can't see a guy like Cato logging 30 minutes a night on this team. Nor do I see a guy like Foye doing the same thing, if we were to get him. Even a guy like Aldridge may not play 30 minutes a game, even if he were the starter on this team.

But I do see Chill, Marv, and Smoove playing those 30 minutes a game, along with JJ and Al.

When that lineup has been aggressive, they've created matchup problems for teams on both ends of the floor.

And that's how you justify keeping Al around. You play him at multiple spots, like you do Smoove and JJ, to keep them out on the floor.

Spending money on a combo of Nazr, Evans and Elson would be a HUGE mistake. I wouldn't have a problem signing ONE of those 3 but we certainly don't need to spend our caproom on 3 role players.

I'd MUCH rather have Al and ONE of those guys than all 3 of them.

Quote:

I like Foye. He's a big, strong, tough kid who from what I have seen would make a nice fit here.

Randy Foye

Joe Johnson

Josh Smith

Al Harrington

ZaZa Pachulia

I wouldn't mind that being our starting 5 of the future.

Well, at some point Marvin Williams is going to have to be a starter. I mean he's a #2 pick, with potential that goes through the roof, so at some point he's got to be pencilled into the lineup as a starter lest he become seen as being another Darko Milicic. A #2 pick has got to be WAY better than just being another guy that comes off the bench.

That said though and being realistic about the fact that BK really seems to like him, I would not mind Harrington coming back *if* we can sign him to a reasonable extension, reasonable being the operative term there. If he's signed to a reasonable enough deal, he will be easily tradeable and will become that much more desirable to other teams.