• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Will be getting NBA2k6 soon

Plainview1981

Can't wait. Should come in the mail anyday. I played the Live version demo and I didn't like it. It feels like it wants to be half sim and half arcade. Plus it has no extra modes in it... EA says they're building from the ground up. They basically charged people 60 bucks for a demo is what they did. That should be ashamed of themselves for doing that.

ANyway, I was just watching the trailer to 2k6 and it looks like it kicks @ss. It might give up a tad to EA in graphics, but atleast it's a full game with some modes in it.

NBA 2K6 is da TRUTH, plain and simple.

You can do so many things in that game that you'll feel like you were actually controlling their human counterparts. Man, I have been playing NBA/ NFL games all my life from Nintendo to PS2/ XBOX. And there has never been a more complete NBA sim than NBA 2K6. I promise you.

It will take you a day or so to get into it, and then maybe a week or two to master it to the point where you can do it all. Once you start playing against you buddies, you'll really open up the depth of what it can do. This is easily my vote for the best NBA sim ever.

Sad thing about EA is I have Live 06 and NBA 2K6 on PS2 and I don't even play Live 06 at all. I first got it because of its reputation and the AllStar Weekend feature. Then I played NBA 2K6 for one day and I haven't even picked up Live 06 again. It shockingly blew Live 06 out of the water with the life-like graphics, moves, abilities, and realistic simulation.

If you're a die hard b-baller like me and want a video game to play that's as close to the feel of playing bball and/or watching the NBA - 2K6 is your game.

I already can't wait for 2K7, because if they improve this one....

shocked.gif... it's a wrap.

I have owned both 2k6 and Live06 for the 360 and the game is worlds apart. The graphics for the 2k6 are maybe the worst I have ever seen as it looks like a child designed the UI.

I will admit that Live has some shortcomings with being a 1st year game for the 360, but its still light years ahead of 2k.

I've played NBA Live 2006 and I don't believe I have made a mistake. NBA2k6's graphics are alittle behind, but I want a game that has a franchise mode. That's the main thing I play sports games for now. NBA2k4 doesn't have great graphics, but I;'ve been playing it for about 3 years now.

NBA Live2006 is basically just a Demo game alltogether.

NBA2k6

nba-2k6-20050926103429256.jpg

[image]http://media.xbox.ign.com/media/740/740966/img_3032593.html[/image]

NBA Live 2006:

928412_20051122_screen001.jpg

928412_20051122_screen007.jpg

I like NBA Live's graphics alittle better... But that's not enough to make me pay 50 bucks for a game with no Franchise Mode... And the camera angles are just aweful IMO.

Actually the camera thing is a HUGE improvement this year if you play in the "Broadcast" mode where the camera rotates and zooms in/out based on the action.

I would love to have a franchise mode as well, but I work a ton of hours and can maybe play 1 game every couple of nights because I seriously tweaked the settings and each game takes about an hour of real time to play now and the scores are almost always the same as real NBA scores. By far the most fun I have ever had playing a sports game and by far the most realistic. Its the people that arent willing to mess with the settings that complain about this game being too arcadish.

928263_20051115_screen004.jpg

I like to play the game at this angle... The trouble is that in Live it seems like the camera struggles to keep up with the ball when I play with this sort of camera angle.

I think to keep the scores at a min you have to play with alittle restraint. But I just didn't feel I had enough real control on Live. I'll let you know what I think once I play NBA2k6. As you can see, this angle usally doesn't show off the games graphics completely... So that's one reason why graphics isn't one of my main concerns.

I like the post game and so I feel this gives me one of the best angles. The funny thing is that the PF and SG usally lead my team in assist.

Ratings

Presentation:

NBA2k6 starts off with the typical screen of the teams logo's and proceeds to show the typical highlights of basketball games. With NBA Live you get the cool practice court thing. NBA Live's looks abit more professional also.

Live:9 NBA2k6:6

Modes:

NBA features a Franchise Mode, street ball, season, and Exbit game... It also has a cool thing called The Crib were you can unlock a few mini games like table hockey and Darts.

A 3pt contest or slam dunk contest would be nice though...

Live on the other hand only features two modes and that's simply depressing and uncalled for at this stage of sporting games.It will do the job for guys that don't have time to play franchise mode.

Live:2 NBA2k6:9

Graphics:

NBA Live features probably the best graphics that I've seen in a basketball game. The player models are very realistic and professionally done. The faces are about consistent than that of the NBA 2k6 version.

NBA 2k6 also has nice graphics.. However, the players look slightly cartoonish and have this sort of glowing look around the player models.

Live:9 NBA2k6:7

Realistic Feel:

NBA Live looks nice... But it feels kinda of mechanical. The players don't seem to move or react naturally. 2k6 doesn't have this problem. The players while actually attempt to play defense move more fluid like. NBA Live's defense seems

to mainly focus on post players and not much of anything else... If your Shaq, expect to get the ball stripped a double teams, but the perimeter players can go wild.

Live:6 NBA2k6:9

Game Play:

I'd say the games draw pretty even when it comes to the post up game, and the controls fall slightly in the favor of NBA Live... But the problem is the dreadful camera angles of NBA Live 2006.. The camera is unable to keep up with the ball, which leads to gamers taking some shots on fastbreak that they can't even see or running out of bounds. This is the type of flaw that can really ruin the experience with a game.

NBA 2k6 on the other hand easily keeps up with all the action while still being solid with the controls. The players move more smoothly aswell.. It doesn't feel like the

players are ice skating, which is the case with NBA Live.

So I'd say while NBA Live wins out with more reactive and smoother controls it looses so much with the camera.

Live:5 NBA2k6:8

Overall Rating

Live 6.0 NBA2k6 8.5

What kills Live is it's lack of modes, very poor camera angels. and a slightly robotic feel overall. It's flaws happen to be really big ones.

NBA 2k6 is a solid basketball game that isn't a true next generation game, but it's the best of the two, and it's the best basketball game I've played so far.