• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Tubby Smith available

saiff

According to Hoopshype, Tubby Smith may be pondering a leave of the college ranks to potentially coach the Bobcats. I think (despite leaving Georgia high and dry) is the perfect fit for our young team. He is intense, and does not take crap. Plus, he has done well in every college coaching position he had although KY has fallen off the last few years after their title in his first year. But I think he would be a great fit for our young guys and even though college coaches historically do not do well in the Pros, I think this one might work since essentially we have almost all college age kids .

I think we try to wine and dine Tubby and convince him that Atlanta is the best city to live in.

Stay away from the college coaches. John Calipari, Rick Pitino, Lon Krueger, P.J. Carlisimo....Mike Montgomery is figuring it out. College game is completely different. Stay away from Tubby....

• Moderators

Quote:

Stay away from the college coaches. John Calipari, Rick Pitino, Lon Krueger, P.J. Carlisimo....Mike Montgomery is figuring it out. College game is completely different. Stay away from Tubby....

Agreed. That is no knock on Tubby but it is a different game and college coaches have a low success rate converting to the NBA.