• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What vets should we add...

ATL_BALLER

There is no doubt in my mind that this offseason is the time where BK should start mixing some more vets with our youngsters.

My top choices, Ben Wallace and Sam Cassel. Both are pretty much perfect fits here. Will they be here next season, doubtful. But can't I imagine?

Cassel/Lue/Ivey

Johnson/Childress/Stoudamire

Smith/Williams

(S. Williams/LaMarcus Aldridge/Tiago Splitter/Andrea Barangani/Pachulia/Batista

Wallace/??/Edwards

NASTY!!!...but it aint happening:(

I like Sam but I'm not sure how much he has left in the tank , we need a vet but maybe someone with more years left in him at PG..Ben I think will last longer than Sam will, I would absolutely love to have Ben on the team, but I think its unrealistic to think he'll leave DET

Quote:

I like Sam but I'm not sure how much he has left in the tank , we need a vet but maybe someone with more years left in him at PG..Ben I think will last longer than Sam will, I would absolutely love to have Ben on the team, but I think its unrealistic to think he'll leave DET

I like Sam to....another thought is Mike Bibby. He can opt out of his contract. Player option next year. He is due 8 mill if he does not.

Bibby is younger than Sam by several years and probably has 4 to 5 solid years left. He would be my dream pickup and word is he is not exactly thrilled with the way management has all but dismantled a team that took Shaq and Kobe to the limit three years ago...

Quote:

Bibby is younger than Sam by several years and probably has 4 to 5 solid years left. He would be my dream pickup and word is he is not exactly thrilled with the way management has all but dismantled a team that took Shaq and Kobe to the limit three years ago...

If Bibby were to hit the open market I'd love for us to make a run for him. Adding a playmaker like that to run the backcourt with JJ would be hell on opposing teams.

Quote:

Quote:

If Bibby were to hit the open market I'd love for us to make a run for him. Adding a playmaker like that to run the backcourt with JJ would be hell on opposing teams.

Bibby would be my #1 choice as well. I know it is a huge "if", but it would probably add 10 wins.

yeah, i didn't know he had a player option...wonder what the rules are on just making a phone call to him and saying "hey, mike we'll offer you a couple million more per year to come here."..

bibby

JJ

MW

JS

ZaZa/draftpick/Pryz

looks good to me.

We are not going to suck enough to get Aldridge. It will probably end up

JJ/Ivey/Diaz

Childress/Salim

Marvin/Donta

Smoove/Cato/Splitter

Zaza/Nene/Batista

If we end up winning 30-35 games we will end up picking closer to 5-7. Although I think BK would want to pick Morrison or Reddick as talents, the media pressure will force him to pick up a big...and Splitter will probably be the best one left.

Then I believe he will get a token point in the second round which will be Diaz from Miami..who is not a point.

I know this is a vet thread but if you could read between the lines I think we sould pick up Nene..and probably Cato.

I would love to add speedy claxton. I don't think that pg is our biggest need but I don't see why not give him a shot. He isn't going to start if he stays put and lue has shown that he does a good job off the bench so I think that would be a good combo at pg. Plus, he isn't going to cost the insane amount that bibby would, spend that money getting big men. I hope and pray that bk makes a serious run at ben wallace. i know most think it is a pipedream but you never know. Imagine how intimidating it would be having walllace and jsmoove in the paint. Call me crazy but I swear i believe we would be instant contenders for the eastern conference if we added claxton and wallace.

Quote:

LMAO at Splitter playing 3rd string behind Cato

The comedy never ends...

If we drafted splitter and he came over, the odds of him starting would be excellent. At the least he would be part of a 3-4 man rotation at the PF/C

Starting in front of whom? Our marquee player or a 10 year vet? He has to prove himself first. Hell out #2 and #6 pick don't even start.

There wouldn't be a chance in hell that Cato would in any way shape or form be ahead of Splitter if he came.

Splitter could start at PF ahead of Smith, he could start at C ahead of Zaza.

What is it with you and Cato? Dude is a scrub. The fact that he's a scrub that's 10 years older than Splitter does not make him any better. Just older