• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

LeBron James, Dwayne Wade, Jason Kidd and...

Quote:

Boris Diaw are the only players to have more than one triple-double this year.

I'm just sayin...

Wrong forum.

Take Wade from Miami....battling for 7 or 8 spot

Take Kidd from NJ.....lottery

Take Lebron from Cleveland.....lottery

Take Boris from Phoenix...prolly the same record.

Bo is a nice role player and will always be a nice role player....he was a role player here, problem was we did not have good feature players the he could fit around. I knew he could play so I am not suprised, most here thought he was a bum, thats why they are so suprised now. Some here treat Salim the same way...but they will also see.

Like I have said a long time ago and will keep saying...I would love to see what would have happened with a good proven vet coach, coaching the talent that has passed through ATL recently.

Question: How many players average as many points and assists as Joe Johnson in the entire NBA?

Answer: Three

Dwyane Wade

Lebron James

Allen Iverson

Call me crazy but I'll take any player in that company. And averages seem a lot more important to me than your best 2 games

I'm just saying

Is anyone really questioning whether JJ is better then Diaw? I don't think so. At the same time it is funny to see people denigrate Diaw. He is a very good role player, why hate on him because of that? Yes he did not work out in Atlanta, but things happen. Chauncey Billups did not work out in Boston or Denver; Ben Wallace never hit it big until moving to Detroit; JJ wasn't a star until coming to the Hawks; etc.

Sometimes it takes getting into the right environment for a player to fully develop. We should be happy for him - he is doing very well on a very good team.

Another "sore subject" for you guys..Diaw has turned into a pretty good player and all he gets is trashed here because Woody didn't have a clue how to us him. NOONE thinks Diaw is as good as JJ..However, I don't believe Diaw was a key part of the trade to get JJ..I think it was a case where Phoenix wanted 2 1sts and a player and Diaw was a guy we wanted to get rid of..That extra player could have been Donta or Ivy..I think the JJ deal gets done regardless..It was the 2 1sts they wanted..Diaw is just another pretty useful player we have given away..

Quote:

Anthony Bowie once had a triple double, too.

Boris averages about 12 ppg...we got the FAR superior player in the trade.

i agree, for now...

but we cant say that for sure until we see what those draft picks turn out to be.

Quote:

Another "sore subject" for you guys..Diaw has turned into a pretty good player and all he gets is trashed here because Woody didn't have a clue how to us him. NOONE thinks Diaw is as good as JJ..However, I don't believe Diaw was a key part of the trade to get JJ..I think it was a case where Phoenix wanted 2 1sts and a player and Diaw was a guy we wanted to get rid of..That extra player could have been Donta or Ivy..I think the JJ deal gets done regardless..It was the 2 1sts they wanted..Diaw is just another pretty useful player we have given away..

I don't know if you mean me, but it's not a sore subject to me. Boris is doing very well and I'm glad for him. The fact is that he would have been close to useless here, and then left for nothing. The fact that he is doing awesome for Phoenix with all their all-star caliber players and the MVP has ne relevance on how useful he would have been for us.

But when someone starts a thread that is vaguely implying that Boris is one of the great players in the league, it's ridiculous. Boris was completely useless to us as Woody would have been here. Does that say something bad about Woody? Yes, in my mind. But the fact is that he was a throwaway player for us, and we got a true young stud for 2 mid first-rounders in all likelihood. I do that trade again in a heartbeat.

JJ is a young star. Boris is a role player doing very well.

Like I said, only Wade, Lebron and AI have more points and assists

You might notice that most players that go on to do very well for other teams are on stellar teams. JT, Boris, Sheed, Nazr are all playing on top 5 teams, surrounded by studs. Trade them to toronto boston or new york and you'll see different results.

No, not directed at you, I just noticed the usual vile reaction from many if Diaw's success is mentioned..My point was maybe we need to quit tossing potentially usefull players based on a clueless coach..Who'e next? Salim?..We going to use him a trade filler because Woody puts him in games and turns him loose with no direction?..I watched people bash Salim Saturday for taking and missing the last shot..I wasn't Salims fault woody ran the play for him instead of JJ, and it wasn't Salims fault he was allowed to stay in the game after it was obvious he wasn't being effective, it was Woody' fault..