Wake vs. Duke

Diesel

• Premium Member

Sheldon williams vs. Eric Williams...

Hawks possible first round pick vs. Hawks possible Second round pick.

The way that E. Williams handled Simmons yesterday, I think it's going to be a good physical matchup!!

Quote:

Sheldon williams vs. Eric Williams...

Hawks possible first round pick vs. Hawks possible Second round pick.

The way that E. Williams handled Simmons yesterday, I think it's going to be a good physical matchup!!

Eric was way better. If they are in the tourney and he plays well, his stock will soar.

• Premium Member

Wake's not making the tourney..

But when the second round rolls around, we should pick him!!

I think he just has really good size and moves for a big... I used to think he was too big but he moves really good for a big.

• Premium Member

I think today was typical. A 6'9 C vs. a bigger stronger body and Williams for Duke folded like a chair. What did he get 3 rebounds? Eric Williams had his way. I don't think anybody from Duke is worthy of a lottery pick.

Quote:

I think today was typical. A 6'9 C vs. a bigger stronger body and Williams for Duke folded like a chair. What did he get 3 rebounds? Eric Williams had his way. I don't think anybody from Duke is worthy of a lottery pick.

We're in agreement there. Shelden is far too passive. I like the fact that he hits his FTs, but he is not tough enough.

I was pretty impressed with Eric Williams, though. He showed decent ability to run the floor and showed some good hands. Someone I never noticed before (not a lot of ACC love here in the northeast).

He looked better than Shelden to me...

8-16 19 pts

10 Reb

7 Ast

2 Blks

For the year shot 58% from the field and averaged 17.3 ppg...

But I guess he's considered too small for a PF at 6-7.

Possible 2nd round consideration from the Hawks... But I guess he'd be another 6-7 player that we don't need...

Is McRoberts comin' out this year?

Quote:

Dude was very beastly right!!!

I would prefer Smith's 6'7" and knowinig how to play in the post as a second round pick than to waste a pick on Williams in the first round.

Definitely better than McStiff that everyone here seems to like. I saw one draft board compare him to Chris Webber. What a Joke!

• Premium Member

You must be talking about the block that Williams made that was all contact (arm and body)..

Then the announcers said...

"They're letting the big guys play on the inside"....

But then here comes SWilliams going for a dunk, blocked by one of the guards and they call a touch foul on the very next play.

Yeah... Good one..

• Premium Member

We must be talking about different blocks.

I saw two blocks by Shelden.

1 was definitely on the way down.

The other was definitely a body foul anywhere else in the world.

Maybe he did have another that was clean as you say...

It doesn't change the fact..

Smith (a 6'7" 2nd round prospect) still looked better than Williams.

And lets not talk about how EWilliams had his way with the Landlord. I have never seen a landlord get evicted out of his own place the way that Ewilliams kicked him out.

What you aren't seeing is that Shelden basically plays a one man zone. Out front he has Paulus and Redick, both of which are frequently undersized.

They gamble a lot on D because they know they have Shelden covering for them. There was an article on ESPN.com which discussed this, and I posted it here. Of course you probably chose not to read it.

I don't see anyone talking much about Eric Williams and his 1 block per game average, compared to Shelden's 3.8.

Rest assured next year when Shelden shows out I will be sure to point out your comments about him.

I really should start trying to make money off you since you are such a good contrarian indicator.

Guest Walter

You guys are describing the one and only such play in the game and you are incorrect in your recollection. It wasn't a body foul (or whatever) on Sheldon Williams against Smith. Smith was trying to "climb the ladder" and couldn't get it high enough to dunk it past/over Sheldon william's outstretched arms. In his attempt he lost the ball out of bounds. After which (not before) Sheldon caught his arm. It was Smith's need to get higher than he anticipated that lost the ball for him, not any contact by williams.

The (non-call) goal tending was against another BC player's shot attempt. Bad no call but that's not Sheldon's fault.

BTW, I really wanted BC to win because I love their style of play and I am not a Sheldon Williams fan (at least in the lottery). Honestly, I think McRoberts and then Chris Dudley will be the best pro players in that game.

W

Quote:

You guys are describing the one and only such play in the game and you are incorrect in your recollection. It wasn't a body foul (or whatever) on Sheldon Williams against Smith. Smith was trying to "climb the ladder" and couldn't get it high enough to dunk it past/over Sheldon william's outstretched arms. In his attempt he lost the ball out of bounds. After which (not before) Sheldon caught his arm. It was Smith's need to get higher than he anticipated that lost the ball for him, not any contact by williams.

The (non-call) goal tending was against another BC player's shot attempt. Bad no call but that's not Sheldon's fault.

BTW, I really wanted BC to win because I love their style of play and I am not a Sheldon Williams fan (at least in the lottery). Honestly, I think McRoberts and then Chris Dudley will be the best pro players in that game.

W

I knew someone would throw in a McStiff reference eventually.

• 8 months later...