• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks were 3rd team in Hornets-Spurs rumored trade

ATL2123

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/395...nd_spurs_trade/

"The mystery third team that nearly saved that Spurs-Hornets deadline deal that would have sent Brent Barry to Oklahoma City for J.R. Smith and Arvydas Macijauskas?

Atlanta.

A third was required to complete the deal because the Hornets' earlier acquisition of Marc Jackson consumed too much salary cap space for New Orleans/Oklahoma City to absorb Barry's $4.7 million salary. The Hawks were recruited to take on injured second-year Hornets forward Jackson Vroman and his minimum wage (just under $650,000), but the deal couldn't be completed in time to beat the league's trade buzzer."

Quote:

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/395...nd_spurs_trade/

"The mystery third team that nearly saved that Spurs-Hornets deadline deal that would have sent Brent Barry to Oklahoma City for J.R. Smith and Arvydas Macijauskas?

Atlanta.

A third was required to complete the deal because the Hornets' earlier acquisition of Marc Jackson consumed too much salary cap space for New Orleans/Oklahoma City to absorb Barry's $4.7 million salary. The Hawks were recruited to take on injured second-year Hornets forward Jackson Vroman and his minimum wage (just under $650,000), but the deal couldn't be completed in time to beat the league's trade buzzer."

Wonder what they wanted from us?

• Premium Member

Well, I think they wanted our cap space.

Vroman is a hard working undersized big man. He's got a lot of scrap to him. He's about 6'10 but he's not that heavy but he makes up for it with scrap. I think this is his 2nd or 3rd yr... He played his college ball in the big 10 (purdue or Iowa or Minny)... I should look this up.. I liked his scrap last year. I hadn't heard much from his this year. He would be like having another Zaza.

If all we had to give was cap space, I guess this would have been a good deal for us. I think he's a worthy 2nd round quality player. If he is 2nd round and this is his 3rd year and he's injured then the deal doesn't make sense for us so he must be 2nd year and he has 1 more year on his deal...

Either way, we could have used him tonight.