Gray Mule

Banged up Falcons take on the Banged up Saints this

Sunday. Duckett is doubtful. We're missing a starting

tackle on offense. Dunn may get it done with the

Saints defense spread. They are said to be weak on

defense but very strong offensively.

Falcons have moved up in the defensive standings as

they have learned the new alignment of the 3/4. They

will have to be at their best against the Saints.

Should be interesting. Liked the big wide reciever that

the Falcons showed off last week. We needed that.

Gray Mule

If Duckett does not play, which is pretty doubtful, I would bet the Falcons would throw the ball a whole lot more than usual. I would expect Vick to get most of the yards on the ground as well. Vick will have to have a great game, I really don't think the Saints can contain, and I think we will go crazy on their subpar defense. The Falcons can't rely on Dunn to get steady yardage on the ground, so I would hope Reeves would get creative and run a few trick plays. I think that Dunn will play the kind of role that he did againist the Giants. He killed them on little dump offs and when he had some room, he got some nice yardage.

I also think that our defense will do pretty well aganist the Saints. If we can get the kind of pass rush that we did last week, we will be in great shape. Either way, we will at least contain them and they won't have a huge game. I think this will be a close game somewhere around 24-17, and I think the Falcons can take this game if they well and have a good gameplan. I also think the Saints might be looking past us just a little bit with all of the media coverage they have been getting. That would give us an advantage.

I think that the game will be in won in Special teams, where we are probably the best unit in the league, and which team makes the fewest mistakes. Vick has thrown 0 ints this year, and I don't see him throwing one tommorrow. He will have to do a good job protecting the ball though. If you have watched the Saints, a lot of their offense gets going when their defense causes a turnover, so if we can stay free of those we will have a chance to win.

I was equally impressed with Finneran's catches, a job well done. He did a good job dusting the coverage on the slants. In addition Carpenter with some great defenses. Number 30 (Jones?) missed like a dozen tackles leading to some high yardage and touchdowns. Take a cold shower #30!!!

Finneran did look great today. So did the big tight

end, he ran over people. Made some clutch plays

for Falcons. Great game from both teams.

Good win for the Falcons.

Gray Mule

P.S. -- How about the World Series ! Battle right down

to the end in game 7. Angels are the new World Champs!

• Admin

I'm not much of a football fan, though I'm starting to convert a little. But that was simply the most exciting game i've seen out of the falcons in years. Mike Vick is the Jordan of the NFL right now. There is nobody more exciting. Have the Falcons EVER gone into an opposing stadium, especially one with fans like the Saints have, and had SO many Falcons fans in teh seats? I don't think they were falcons fans, they were Mike Vick fans. But regardless, they made a difference. heck of a game.

As for the Saints, Mcallister is a MACHINE. The guy is a freight train. The falcons defensive line was bouncing off him like flies. Great great game.

The Falcons are still in the divison race.Tampa

Bay and the Siants could stumble at anytime.They

have both done it several times in the past.

The Chargers will be the Super Bowl champions this

year.1995 with Stan Humphries all over agian.

Good game.I think it was the game of the week

without a doubt.Vick is sorta like Jordan was his

first few years in the league.

Joe THiesman was talking about how he would like

to see Lavar Harrington trying to chase Vick around.

That would be a matchup.

The Falcons deserve a top 10 ranking now for sure.They

could easily be 6-1 right now.

I have but one major complaint about the falcons. It seems like no matter what Vick does to win someone on the Falcons team will do something to F it up. Ala Dunn. How many times in that game did Vick start off first and 15 or first and 20 because of penalties? Hmm Bob Whitfield? (11 year veterean)

Dunn as good of a game as he had he made two huge mistakes. The fumble at the half that we would of scored on and the fumble with 3 minutes left in the game. These are mistakes a veterean of 6 years shouldn't be making period.

Vick should be 6-1 right now but his team lets him down. A quarterback can only put his team in position to win and thats what he has been doing.

The falcons won the game yesterday simply because Vick refused to lose. They put him in every postion not to suceed and he overcame anyway. I really fear for him because he will wear down if the falcons don't get some receivers that can get open (would help if they could catch) and a line that can block.

If falcons lost, i wouldnt blame VICK... he did his part.

Dunn messed up a little and so did that one guy on defense (he couldnt stick his man, they were targetting him every time).

Dunn could have lost us the game, but our KICKERS saved him!

1 complaint about our FALCONS...

We dont have any BIG TIME receivers... we have scrub receivers, and look at what VICKS doing!!!