• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Al for Boozer. Al for Kmart. Al/Marvin for JO...

Diesel

• Moderators

Quote:

I would send the AL,our lottopick, and Salim for Jermaine Oneal & a future 1strounder in 2007.

I think that is an overly optimistic deal from our side but if we can do it we should pull the trigger ASAP.

Quote:

This pretty much solves our who to pick problem and Marvin lovers get to complain about JSmoove and JChillz getting all that pT in front of Marvin...

Man, you are so rude and such a jerk sometimes. And then you have the gall to complain that people are picking on you? What is that all about? As a mostly impartial observer, let me tell you that you dish out far more than you take on this board- whether that's out front or one of your backhanded attempts at insults ala 'Marvin lovers'.

What the hell is a 'Marvin lover' anyways? Beyond KB, I don't see any huge amount of 'Marvin lovers' around here, do you? What I do see are a bunch of people who are trying to be as supportive and hopeful for him as possible- while many regret that we picked him, they are still trying to be positive and hope for the best. Does that make them a 'Marvin lover'? No, I'd say it makes them a good Hawks fan. Whether a mistake was made or not, they are looking towards the future and wishing for the best.

My issue is the fact that you are openly rooting for his failure (over, and over, and over, and over, and over....), and you're being such an [censored] about it. I honestly believe you'd rather have your opinion validated by seeing Marvin become a failure, rather than see yourself proven wrong by seeing him succeed. I truly believe that about you, so what kind of fan and/or person does that make you?

And lastly, everyone and their freaking dog already knows how you feel on the subject of Marvin Williams....so why can't you kindly please just shut-up about it, and give it a rest? Why must this behavior continue? Do you really need attention this badly?

they DON'T want Boozer. Apparently, they are not too pleased with the fact that he has played so few games over the last 2 years since he signed his contract. I think there is speculation that he could have come back a lot sooner. I don't know whether he milked the injury or not but acquiring him certainly would entail some risk.

As for including Salim in a deal for O'Neal, I certainly wouldn't let Salim keep me from making a deal but in reality, his salary is so small that it wouldn't mean much. Salim will only make around $800,000 next season. T Lue's salary (about $3.5M) would be a lot more helpful in that regard but I would prefer not to include him in a deal.

it's not so much salim's salary that makes the deal 'more plausible' (if it's that at all), but rather, it's the fact that that's all he's owed by NBA standards in relationship to his talent/skills that makes his addition to the deal such a sweetener...

just for comparison's sake...John Edwards' salary of 1million (200k greater than Salim's) wouldn't make that much of a difference in 'pushing the deal' either...but I think you see where I'm coming from on this...